• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government cuts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government cuts

BBC News - Coalition government axes

The full list of projects cancelled:

Stonehenge Visitor Centre: £25m

Local Authority Leader Boards: £16m

Sheffield Forgemasters International Limited: £80m

Rollout of the Future Jobs Fund: £290m

Six month offer recruitment subsidies: £30m

Extension of Young Person's Guarantee to 2011/12: £450m

Two year Jobseeker's Guarantee: £515m

Active Challenge Routes - Walk England: £2m

County Sports Partnerships : £6m

North Tees and Hartlepool hospital: £450m

Local Authority Business Growth Initiative: £50m

Outukumpu: £13m
    Sorry... WTF is that? I've googled it and I'm still not sure.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Moer interesting is that they were expecting to spend £7bn on Search and Rescue helicopters for the coast guard. This has now been postponed. How do you spend so much on this. Considering a Sikorsky S-92 is about $15m, thats a lot of helicopters even when you factor in running costs (which the idiots in charge probably didn't). I hope the axe digs deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      BBC News - Coalition government axes

Sorry... WTF is that? I've googled it and I'm still not sure.
      Outu Kumpu I would guess
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Outukumpu or 'Outokumpu' - Google turned up some thing about a site in Yorkshire they they wanted to turn into a business park.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Boomed!!!!

My project hasn't been cancelled!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Outu Kumpu I would guess
            Out-u-kum-pu; an ancient aboriginal chant for the relief of constipation
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

They are all useless projects in Labour marginal seats who were clinging on to the government cash teat. Labour wrote an open cheque in all the marginal seats just before the elections to win votes. I know plenty of useless projects milking millions off the gravy train. I just do not know how they fund some projects.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                I just do not know how they fund some projects.
                Well, let's start at the beginning shall we? A Labour government predicts it will raise 500 billion groats in tax. It wants to spend 600 billion groats. Instead of choosing and spending a bit less than 500 billion, it borrows 100 billion and sells all the gold to add a bit more. Then it only gets 400 billion in tax, so there's a gap of 200 billion groats. Government borrows 200 billion groats and then budgets fo 700 billion groats in new projects, hence needing to borrow 300 billion groats and pay interest. All this continues until either the tories or the IMF come along and cut the projects.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
                  Moer interesting is that they were expecting to spend £7bn on Search and Rescue helicopters for the coast guard. This has now been postponed. How do you spend so much on this. Considering a Sikorsky S-92 is about $15m, thats a lot of helicopters even when you factor in running costs (which the idiots in charge probably didn't). I hope the axe digs deeper.
                  It's cheap when it's not your money you are spending

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
                    Soteria Search and Rescue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X