• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If your name was Fabio

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your name was Fabio

what would you do?

Lets offer the man some helpful & constructive advice. And before anyone says he doesn't read CUK, let me remind you that he is, in fact, a contractor, earning £6 million a year with no break clause, and I hear he's IR35 compliant as well, so he must have taken advice from somewhere...

Edit: Looks like someone beat us to it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8749232.stm
    Last edited by doodab; 19 June 2010, 05:31.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    what would you do?
    What would I do?

I'd take no notice of the 10 million amateur England managers currently offering the benefit of their great experience!

Comment

I would replace the entire team before the next match. Seriously.

Who were the best England players from the under 21's group 2 - 4 years back? They'll have passion, speed and most importantly fitness.

As RBS say's, 'Make it happen'
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I would replace the entire team before the next match. Seriously.

Who were the best England players from the under 21's group 2 - 4 years back? They'll have passion, speed and most importantly fitness.

As RBS say's, 'Make it happen'
        Aaron Lennon, Theo Walcott, Keiran Gibbs, Tom Huddlestone, Micah Richards spring to mind. Oh, and Milner and Hart. I didn't think Milner was up to much in the first game, personally.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

On a more optimistic note, in 1990 we started in a similar fashion - 1-1 against Republic of Ireland and then 0-0 against Holland before a squeaky bum 1-0 against Egypt. We went on reach the semi finals where we lost to the Germans on penalties.

Actually, I'm not sure which would be worse, being totally tulipe or losing to the Germans again.

Comment

He should take that stick out of his arse and start being more personable, he should pick the team the day before.

Leaving the selection until a few hours before the game is bound to create resentment and confusion, I don't buy it when Capello says it keeps the squad focused as the evidence clearly shows otherwise.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
            X