• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What did Rooney say walking off the pitch last night ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did Rooney say walking off the pitch last night ?

Typical cr*p ITV coverage - they showed him mutter something as he walked off but didn't clarify what exactly.

He said that England fans booing them off at half time was great support. I think he was being sarcastic.

Comment

From what I could work out through the mumbles... it appeared to be along the lines of:

"How dare those people (who have probably used a fair chunk of their Holidays and paid out several thousand pounds of their hard earned money to come and watch a bunch of overpaid tosspots wander about on a pitch for 90 minutes while being paid tens of thousands of pounds) express their displeasure!"

It seemed to include the words "home fans"... so maybe he was complaining about South Africans?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        From what I could work out through the mumbles... it appeared to be along the lines of:

"How dare those people (who have probably used a fair chunk of their Holidays and paid out several thousand pounds of their hard earned money to come and watch a bunch of overpaid tosspots wander about on a pitch for 90 minutes while being paid tens of thousands of pounds) express their displeasure!"

It seemed to include the words "home fans"... so maybe he was complaining about South Africans?
        If they were booed a lot from the start Wayne's in the right, it's a dumb thing to turn on your team if you want them to improve.

BUT, it seemed to me they only got annoyed after a fair while, and were happy to cheer on the rare times things looked brighter. So he was just lashing out... who wouldn't after being made to look average in front of hundred eds of millions of people?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The England fans are the only ones I've noticed who can be heard singing above those bloody horns, if they want to vent their frustrations on him he should take it like a man.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I think you will find he said

'**** me I played like AndyW's mum!'
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Does nobody but myself think that these guys have played enough football this year...I mean they play almost year round aside from perhaps a two week break which is usually about now. If England want to put up a good challenge perhaps a short break in the season at some point would help?

Maybe that's what the players are thinking. "Just finish this and I get a four week break."
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

He's appologised for his comments after the match.

An appology for the actual performance itself wouldn't go amiss either.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  Typical cr*p ITV coverage - they showed him mutter something as he walked off but didn't clarify what exactly.
                  The manc **** basically said 'all you hardworking saddos who've saved for 4 years to come here and watch me perform like a one legged autistic ballbag, can **** right off. Who do you think you are, on your 500quid a week lifestyles, booing me and my mates who piss that amount down the toilet everyday and think **** all about it?'
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    The manc **** basically said 'all you hardworking saddos who've saved for 4 years to come here and watch me perform like a one legged autistic ballbag, can **** right off. Who do you think you are, on your 500quid a week lifestyles, booing me and my mates who piss that amount down the toilet everyday and think **** all about it?'

scouse ****

Comment

Working...
                    X