• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget expectations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget expectations

From BBC breakfast news:

Help for businesses -

"New companies outside the South East will not have to pay NI for the first ten people they employ."

Because if you're based in the South East you must be loaded, right?

[Edit]
    Link
    Last edited by mudskipper; 20 June 2010, 06:08. Reason: Found link

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    From BBC breakfast news:

Help for businesses -

"New companies outside the South East will not have to pay NI for the first ten people they employ."

Because if you're based in the South East you must be loaded, right?

[Edit]
    Link
    More a case of "because your not loaded you should move out of the south east and make it less crowded and that way we'll spread the wealth around a bit more". It will be gamed around I'm sure.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      More a case of "because your not loaded you should move out of the south east and make it less crowded and that way we'll spread the wealth around a bit more". It will be gamed around I'm sure.
      Closing down my SE Ltd Co. and starting up a new one in Bristol.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Closing down my SE Ltd Co. and starting up a new one in Bristol.
        Exactly what I was thinking. It seems a bizarre idea to me.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          Exactly what I was thinking. It seems a bizarre idea to me.
          Well it doesn't seem too bizarre to me, rather an attempt to improve employment outside of the economic heartland. The problem is, how do you define "the South East". Places like Dorset, Hampshire or Northamptonshire may benefit I suppose. The real hard-hit wastelands like Middlesbrough or Liverpool? Still, be interesting to see how this attempt to "buck the market" pans out.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

My registered office is in Manchester. Huzzah!
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              My registered office is in Manchester. Huzzah!
              B*gger mine's in Hampshire!

Should have kept it as me home address.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                Well it doesn't seem too bizarre to me, rather an attempt to improve employment outside of the economic heartland. The problem is, how do you define "the South East". Places like Dorset, Hampshire or Northamptonshire may benefit I suppose. The real hard-hit wastelands like Middlesbrough or Liverpool? Still, be interesting to see how this attempt to "buck the market" pans out.
                Yep, the South-East will start at Middlesborough.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Depending on how it is implemented this could be a good move. Right from the start they mentioned moving the emphasis off the South East, which after 30 years of centralisation there could be a Good Thing.

The devil will be in the detail of course.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    B*gger mine's in Hampshire!

Should have kept it as me home address.
                    Hampshire is in the South West no?
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X