• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever had a contract..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever had a contract..

... which just makes you lose the will to live? Excessive micro management, tons of tedious administrative tasks to do,
    people who don't talk to each other except when talking about work (or Star Trek).

Actually, no, I've never had a contract like that.

Maybe I'm "special".

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Actually, no, I've never had a contract like that.

Maybe I'm "special".
      WHS except without the Maybe
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        ........tons of tedious administrative tasks to do,
        people who don't talk to each other except when talking about work (or Star Trek).
        No - but thats because I am not an Admin Temp - unlike you obviously!

Who's your Pimp - Office Angels?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          No - but thats because I am not an Admin Temp - unlike you obviously!

Who's your Pimp - Office Angels?
          At the moment I'm doing a really tedious bit of testing. Every single step they want screenshotted with timestamps etc. Then when I find a defect I have to fix it and reapeat the testing all over again. When I'm not doing that I have to mainin a ridiculously convoluted xm file full of enviromental variable; it's real needle in a haystack stuff and it makes you lodse the will to live.

Comment

At the moment I'm doing a really tedious bit of testing.....when I find a defect I have to fix it.........reapeat the testing all over again......

Aside from the tautology and bad spelling.....

<CM* Hat>
            You test your own Tulip.... Tut! Tut!

</CM* Hat>

* Thats Config Mgt not Mrs Churchy

Comment

They also use a vocabulary which is to the extreme of what Mich was talking about a couple of weeks back. Somebody just asked me "have you done the selenium build on the golden host yet?" WTF?
              If they'd just said have you done the release build on the staging server I might have understood!

Comment

They also use a vocabulary which is to the extreme of what Mich was talking about a couple of weeks back. Somebody just asked me "have you done the selenium build on the golden host yet?" WTF?
                If they'd just said have you done the release build on the staging server I might have understood!
                I doubt it considering your inability to grasp the concept of regression testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  I doubt it considering your inability to grasp the concept of regression testing.
                  LOL @ Churchy! Regression testing? What's that then?!

Comment

At the moment I'm doing a really tedious bit of testing. Every single step they want screenshotted with timestamps etc. Then when I find a defect I have to fix it and reapeat the testing all over again. When I'm not doing that I have to mainin a ridiculously convoluted xm file full of enviromental variable; it's real needle in a haystack stuff and it makes you lodse the will to live.
                    Perhaps they summised that anyone who would spend their spare time collecting locomotive numbers, could be entrusted to metronomically undertake tasks that would bore the underpants off anyone normal?

HTH
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X