• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excerpt from email received from agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excerpt from email received from agent

I had a call today from an agency. I had great difficulty in understanding what the woman was saying to me so I asked her to send an email with her questions.

Below is an excerpt.

Greetings from Eve Sagar Technologies.

I wish to take an opportunity to brief you more about the job profile. Please find the job specification.

Kindly refer your friends, colleagues and relatives.

Request you to modify your CV according to the job specification which you have got hands on experience. This will help n short listing your profile with the client.

Feel free to tell us which position you are looking for.
    ================================================== =======================================

Is it just me.... or is the highlighted line not a really strange thing to write?

What is the strangest communication you've had from an agent?
    Last edited by cnch; 21 June 2010, 20:44.

Originally posted by cnch View Post
    "No need to send me any References, I'll just forward your CV on the basis that your skills are a good match for what my client is after!"
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I don't have anything to match that, but I'd think twice about working for someone called Ebenezer:

Eve Sagar Technologies LLC

Ebenezer started his career as an electrical engineer for India's first privately owned best super specialty hospital Apollo branch
      What is a hospital Apollo branch?
      Last edited by doodab; 21 June 2010, 20:54.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

What is a hospital Apollo branch?
        Chain of hospitals with satellites (branch) based in and around Hyderabad.

Comment

Greetings from Eve Sagar Technologies.

I wish to take an opportunity to brief you more about the job profile. Please find the job specification.

Kindly refer your friends, colleagues and relatives.

Request you to modify your CV according to the job specification which you have got hands on experience. This will help n short listing your profile with the client.

Feel free to tell us which position you are looking for.
          Sound like it's Bob's sister.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Sound like it's Bob's sister.
            ... and evidently very professional given the email.

Comment

If his *impressive* CV doesn't put you off, the Project Success page should!

Eve Sagar Technologies LLC
              Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Ebenezer brings over 15 years of experience in the technology industry to Eve Sagar. Prior to establishing Eve Sagar, Ebenezer served as Chief Identity Management Architect

You mean the guy that does the login's and all that stuff?

FFS, I though HAB Inc's site was bad! (Actually, it's just been ignore while I figure out what direction HAB Inc is going.)
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                X