• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Terry apologises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Terry apologises

World Cup 2010 - Terry admits he 'went too far' - Yahoo! Eurosport

Terry is symptomatic of the England squad - An over-rated player, not more than competent, with a hugely over-inflated ego. The sooner Capello dumps him the better.
    Obviously now would not be a good time. But if Capello stays after this WC I think it's bye-bye John - and not before time.
    It's good that England aren't going to win the World Cup - can you imagine: "Arise Sir Ashley, Sir Terry, Sir Rio".
    It doesn't bear thinking about.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I think Capello will be gone in a couple of weeks anyway.

I heard that he said to the team "I have wasted the last 2 years of my life on you".

If I was Capello I would be dropping him.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Me too. Go with Dawson and Upson together. If it goes well you are vindicated, if it goes wrong you blame Terry. Win-win!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I liked Capello's interview on Telly.....

"He has made a mistake..... a BIG MISTAKE!!"

I wouldn't be surprised if he is dropped for tomorrow...... although I know nothing about footie!

Comment

I heard that he said to the team "I have wasted the last 2 years of my life on you"..
          In fairness, that's probably true. Most of England's players make barely any effort whatsoever when playing for the national team.

Must be quite gutting to realise that only when you get to the World Cup Finals..

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
            In fairness, that's probably true. Most of England's players make barely any effort whatsoever when playing for the national team.
            Consider:
            • They don't have to say yes
            • They are giving up several weeks of a valuable break between seasons
            • For this time they have to train and are locked in a hotel with nothing to do
            • This is the time most people will see them play, impacting hugely on their future career
            • While they get paid, it's not (AFAIK) massive, compared to club wages

Bearing all that in mind, I think it's stupid to say the individual players don't try. They have too much to gain/lose from it, think how many club managers must make their decisions on who they want to buy based on it. You can see the players are pissed off when the team sucks, which suggests they are trying.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Terry is symptomatic of the England squad - An over-rated player, not more than competent, with a hugely over-inflated ego.
              Care to present any facts? Seems strange Chelsea, who won the league and have money to buy who they want, are happy with only 'competent' players. Look at the Chelsea team who did so well - few of their big players have done well at the world cup... Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Terry, Drogba, Malouda, Anelka, etc.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I heard that he said to the team "I have wasted the last 2 years of my life on you".
                I've wasted the last 15 months of my life on this gig, but I've been paid stupid money for it.
                Swings and roundabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Consider:
                  • They don't have to say yes
                  • They are giving up several weeks of a valuable break between seasons
                  • For this time they have to train and are locked in a hotel with nothing to do
                  • This is the time most people will see them play, impacting hugely on their future career
                  • While they get paid, it's not (AFAIK) massive, compared to club wages

Bearing all that in mind, I think it's stupid to say the individual players don't try. They have too much to gain/lose from it, think how many club managers must make their decisions on who they want to buy based on it. You can see the players are pissed off when the team sucks, which suggests they are trying.
                  WHS. The over-reaction to the team's poor performances has been hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    WHS. The over-reaction to the team's poor performances has been hilarious.
                    You drew against Algeria and hardly troubled the keeper in the game. It's bad when you get to that level.

Comment

Working...
                    X