• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good deed for the day.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deed for the day.

Cycling around, as I do, I've noticed this old office building is having those individual air-conditioning units installed.

They've had these guys taking out the odd window and installing a blanking sheet with a vent.

The vents were puzzling me for a few days, as they didn't quite look right.

Anyways, the carpenters have worked their way down to the first floor so I could see closer what they were doing.

Now I can see why they didn't look right: the vents are installed the wrong way around.

So my good deed for the day was to ask the head carpenter come down so I might point this out.

At first he laughed as I showed him.

Wish I'd had a camera, his face was a battlefield as realisation washed across it, and then horror as he looked from side to side and back up the building.

My good deed for the day.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Working...
X