• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offset Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offset Mortgage

First time buyer here with 3 years accounts and requiring 75%LTV Mortage.

Looking to get an offset mortgage as I am told it suits contractors,however First Direct won't give the amount i need as it is over their lending criteria.

What are the other good offset mortgage lenders.
    I am starting to lean towards offset with fixed rates for 3/5 years.

Woolwich does some but the interest rates are high.

Any suggestions anyone?

We have one with George Osbourne, sorry Northen Rock.

I think we got 5.1 or something over 5 years fixed and put down 40%. Probably wrong now but it might work out well for us in the next few years.

Comment

Without trying to be a smart arse, how about buying a small place or waiting until you can get the daily rate to match the loan you want?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Without trying to be a smart arse, how about buying a small place or waiting until you can get the daily rate to match the loan you want?

If I have read the OP's post correctly he is stumping up 25%. Hardly someone who lacks commitment to the loan.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          If I have read the OP's post correctly he is stumping up 25%. Hardly someone who lacks commitment to the loan.
          If you want an offset, you need about 60% LTV to get anything worthwhile.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by valluvan View Post
            First time buyer here with 3 years accounts and requiring 75%LTV Mortage.

Looking to get an offset mortgage as I am told it suits contractors,however First Direct won't give the amount i need as it is over their lending criteria.

What are the other good offset mortgage lenders.
            I am starting to lean towards offset with fixed rates for 3/5 years.

Woolwich does some but the interest rates are high.

Any suggestions anyone?
            I was initially over the criteria with FD. I bit the bullet and increased my divvy to make the 70% LTV, because I wanted that rate.

Now I've got the offset, I've reduced my interest payment by over 50%, so I would say, if you can find the extra cash, do so...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              True, that is what we were in for and that was the cut that made the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Thanks MM.Is my choice of offset/fixed a sensible one rather than a offset/Tracker.

My IFA recommeneded an offset mortgage through someone called accord mortgages,not sure abt them as never heard of them before!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  I don't doubt that, but say I inherited £100K and I was on £25K a year. If I was looking to buy a house of £250K I still would only be asking a LTV of 60%, but I wouldn't have a hope of getting a mortgage of £150K on £25k/year and for good reason. Bottom line is I hate the thought of people overstretching themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by valluvan View Post
                    Thanks MM.Is my choice of offset/fixed a sensible one rather than a offset/Tracker.

My IFA recommeneded an offset mortgage through someone called accord mortgages,not sure abt them as never heard of them before!
                    I have a fixed rate mortage through accord. Easy to deal with.
                    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Working...
                    X