• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

God particle again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God particle again

BBC News - God particle signal is simulated as sound

Their aim is to develop a means for physicists at Cern to "listen to the data" and pick out the Higgs particle if and when they finally detect it.
    How many scientists think they are probably barking up the wrong tree but don't want to admit it whilst their contracts are consistently renewed every 6 months.

"If it's lots of energy it will be louder and if it's just a bit of energy it will be quieter."
    Someone is going to get rumbled soon.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    BBC News - God particle signal is simulated as sound

How many scientists think they are probably barking up the wrong tree but don't want to admit it whilst their contracts are consistently renewed every 6 months.

Someone is going to get rumbled soon.
    Most of them. Even some of the leading lights think the route is bogus. But that is the way to get grants in the current climate.

Think back to the days of Alchemy, the scientists were being paid to find ways to turn lead into gold, they did some proper science on the side. That's pretty much what's going off now.

Think on how we have 'the web' popping out of CERN, that kind of thing.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

There's more: BBC News - US experiment hints at 'multiple God particles'

There may be multiple versions of the elusive "God particle" - or Higgs boson - according to a new study.
      ...Said Klaus Hindenburg from his luxury ski lodge on the Swiss/French border as he faxed his timesheet.

Can't blame 'em.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        Most of them. Even some of the leading lights think the route is bogus. But that is the way to get grants in the current climate.

Think back to the days of Alchemy, the scientists were being paid to find ways to turn lead into gold, they did some proper science on the side. That's pretty much what's going off now.

You do talk some absolute bollocks.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          You do talk some absolute bollocks.
          Yeah but he does it with authority! He has a degree in bollocks.

Same college as Minestrone I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

More than one, and some post grad. bollocks too!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

More than one, and some post grad. bollocks too!
              See? More bollocks.

Comment

I worked at CERN in the late 90's and I was convinced that the whole thing is an elaborate con trick to support huge swathes of the French economy.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  I worked at CERN in the late 90's and I was convinced that the whole thing is an elaborate con trick to support huge swathes of the French economy.
                  Careful, or they'll accuse you of talking bollocks too!

Comment

Working...
                  X