• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lejog

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lejog

I may have mentioned a few times (!) that I'm cycling from Land's End to John O' Groats over three weeks in July.

We're setting out for Land's End on Friday next week (2nd) and start pedalling (following photo shoot - you have to pay to have the Land's End sign erected!) on 3rd. We're covering around 60 miles a day depending on terrain, and taking every 6th day as a rest day. Our route mainly takes quiet roads and goes up the west coast of Scotland, and takes in Arran and Mull so we're anticipating around 1100 miles in total.

We've set up a blog which we intend to update daily (technology permitting) - you can find a link to the blog from our fundraising page. We're raising money for Sue Ryder Care if anyone's feeling generous...!

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I may have mentioned a few times (!) that I'm cycling from Land's End to John O' Groats over three weeks in July.

We're setting out for Land's End on Friday next week (2nd) and start pedalling (following photo shoot - you have to pay to have the Land's End sign erected!) on 3rd. We're covering around 60 miles a day depending on terrain, and taking every 6th day as a rest day. Our route mainly takes quiet roads and goes up the west coast of Scotland, and takes in Arran and Mull so we're anticipating around 1100 miles in total.

We've set up a blog which we intend to update daily (technology permitting) - you can find a link to the blog from our fundraising page. We're raising money for Sue Ryder Care if anyone's feeling generous...!
    Amanda, Louise and Fiona will be cycling over three weeks in July 2010. Steve will be joining us for the final two weeks, and Martin (plus car!) will be on hand as support crew for a few days

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Amanda, Louise and Fiona will be cycling over three weeks in July 2010. Steve will be joining us for the final two weeks, and Martin (plus car!) will be on hand as support crew for a few days
      Most of the time we're unsupported - we'll be lugging our stuff in panniers. Hence the slightly bizarre sight of me weighing my clothes on the kitchen scales! Steve can only get two weeks off work, so he's joining us at Eardisley. All perfectly logical really!

Comment

Most of the time we're unsupported - we'll be lugging our stuff in panniers. Hence the slightly bizarre sight of me weighing my clothes on the kitchen scales! Steve can only get two weeks off work, so he's joining us at Eardisley. All perfectly logical really!
        Oh, are you one of the girls?

Comment

Obviously k2p2 is one of the chapesses in the photo.

I may chip in a few pennies. A map of the route would be interesting on that web page (with an arrow or something to indicate roughly where you had reached during the trip).
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Oh, are you one of the girls?
            Ah, the penny drops! Second from the left in the pic (taken on our Reading -> Bude run last year).

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I may chip in a few pennies.
              Thank you (girly hug!)

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              A map of the route would be interesting on that web page (with an arrow or something to indicate roughly where you had reached during the trip).
              There's a map on the blog page. Thinking about doing instamapper but not sure about what it'll do to my phone battery.

Comment

Ah, the penny drops! Second from the left in the pic (taken on our Reading -> Bude run last year).
                I have a subconscious resistance in accepting women post on CUK, for some reason. I thought it was all men pretending to be women.

Comment

I have a subconscious resistance in accepting women post on CUK, for some reason. I thought it was all men pretending to be women.
                  I know. Women in IT. It's a bit of a shock. Whatever will be next - men changing nappies?

Comment

There's a map on the blog page. Thinking about doing instamapper but not sure about what it'll do to my phone battery.
                    Freeloader Superchargers
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X