• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Michael Eavis...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Eavis...

Time for his perennial elevation to one of national treasure. Not wishing to do down his cuddly, lefty, right on media image but I'd just like to point out that a mate of mine had the sh!t kicked out of him by his security guards when climbing through a hole in the fence a few years back while he stood there and watched.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post

Time for his perennial elevation to one of national treasure. Not wishing to do down his cuddly, lefty, right on media image but I'd just like to point out that a mate of mine had the sh!t kicked out of him by his security guards when climbing through a hole in the fence a few years back while he stood there and watched.
    Don't climb through holes in other peoples fences is, I think, the moral of that particular story.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

just watched the Paul Morley interview with Emily Eavis in wish she was going on about snobbery in the past & how these days Glastonbury is seen as part of the social circuit. Then, in the same breath, she goes on to say that she dreads the idea of Cameron and Clegg showing up because they are from the "wrong side of the tracks" & such people are not true to the heart & soul of Glastonbury.

Hmmmm... inclusive.

:

Comment

just watched the Paul Morley interview with Emily Eavis in wish she was going on about snobbery in the past & how these days Glastonbury is seen as part of the social circuit. Then, in the same breath, she goes on to say that she dreads the idea of Cameron and Clegg showing up because they are from the "wrong side of the tracks" & such people are not true to the heart & soul of Glastonbury.

Hmmmm... inclusive.

:
        I'm told by a fellow CUKker who goes every year that Nick Clegg has been before.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sobering thought that he doesn't do it for the money

linky (2007)
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Security fence

That sounds fair enough. He's a farmer first and a hippy second.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              Sobering thought that he doesn't do it for the money

linky (2007)
              I am not suggesting he does do it for the money, but he doesn't do it for nothing either.

Comment

Yep, I'd have kicked the tulip out of him too. He wasn't stealing from Eavis, he was stealing from the various charities that the festival supports.

Looks like you lost on this one Grindrboy!

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                  I am not suggesting he does do it for the money, but he doesn't do it for nothing either.
                  Ok, how much does Michael Eavis make out of it?

Comment

Time for his perennial elevation to one of national treasure
                    Great idea. Why not contact him and get your photo taken with him??

Eavis and Butthead!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X