• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll: How much to work from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: How much to work from home

What pay cut would you take to work from home?
    0% The company benefits too, or you don't like home work
    33.33%
    5% Am I bothered?
    9.52%
    10% You're quite keen on the idea
    38.10%
    >10% you don't think there's any chance so ask for the moon
    19.05%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by WKnight
    Enough to make it damned attractive to the client...

I find saving the client money is a better incentive than bad personal habits or uncleanliness.

Sitting on the table licking my balls, sniffing the secretary’s crotch and pissing on the office topiary just didn't work...

Comment

None.

The bank Im working with is actuvely moving people from fixed desk positions to working from home more (with all the flexibility that brings).

Mailman

Comment

100% "home" for me for the last 2 years... long may it continue. Just need to find some more project work before the money runs out
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by WKnight
          Good larf working in the office man! Wouldn't stay at home with Mrs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            None.

The bank Im working with is actuvely moving people from fixed desk positions to working from home more (with all the flexibility that brings).

Mailman
            Mailman, is that an investment bank? Do tell who!

Comment

Just rememeber that if you can work from home then the work can therefore be done from anywhere including bungleore
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                Just rememeber that if you can work from home then the work can therefore be done from anywhere including bungleore
                Except that 'Bungleore' is not in the same time zone and people just can't pop in for a chat or a meeting etc.

I have worked mostly from home for the past 11 years (nice barn conversion in Oxfordshire).

Maybe go to client sites once a fortnight. But then I am truly "in business on my own account" unlike most contractor pseudo-permies who are shackeld to their "employer's" desks.

I have no use for you and your like DA.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

no way.

they should pay you more for working at home.

you will be more productive. less tulip to deal with like ducking swipes from technical architects.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
                    no way.

they should pay you more for working at home.

you will be more productive. less tulip to deal with like ducking swipes from technical architects.
                    Actually, never had a problem with clients paying same rate - except I charge expenses if they want me on site (mileage, accom, food etc. - within reason).

Bogey

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X