• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wimbledon: history being made right now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wimbledon: history being made right now

Mahut Vs Isner: in the 5th set were now up to 29 games each, after 6 and a bit hours of play. Something like 60 aces apiece too.
    I thought the display was broken when I turned on the TV!

There's another game just finished 16:14 in the 5th as well. And, the winners of these two marathon games play each other next round
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

30 games each now!!

Incredible!

They will need to come out and cut the grass soon if this carries on!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      30 games each now!!

Incredible!

They will need to come out and cut the grass soon if this carries on!
      Was it you who sent that comment to the bbc website?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Was it you who sent that comment to the bbc website?
        No.............but I did STEAL it!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Now officially the longest game in history. And actually some pretty decent tennis still going on. Not to mention one guy has 75 aces.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Now officially the longest game in history. And actually some pretty decent tennis still going on. Not to mention one guy has 75 aces.
            And now, at 33-33 in the fifth, the match with the largest number of games ever too.

Comment

39 games all now!

History in the making indeed. Approaching seven and a half hours too.

Comment

As a close fought match has 10-12 games each set, this is eqivalent to a 11-set match... so far...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                  As a close fought match has 10-12 games each set, this is eqivalent to a 11-set match... so far...
                  And I believe the winner is scheduled to play again tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    And I believe the winner is scheduled to play again tomorrow!

Assuming they've finished this match by then...

Comment

Working...
                    X