• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Until 1988 We'd Never Even Found an Exoplanet...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until 1988 We'd Never Even Found an Exoplanet...

...now we're looking at their weather conditions

2014: singularity.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Originally posted by the article
      The researchers used the Very Large Telescope for their observations
      Just think what kind of data we'll get when they start using the "Absolutely Effing Huge Telescope"!

Comment

I wonder how long it will be before one of our "experts" claims that it is all due to there being a standing population of dinosaurs there that all drive 4x4s?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

They recently found a large rock planet (as opposed to a gas giant like Jupiter), several times the mass of the Earth, that orbits close to its sun, and has molten metal oceans and rain.

I wouldn't fancy meeting an alien from there, although they might have trouble launching rockets if the damn things kept melting!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X