• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LOL! you got to love this!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! you got to love this!

There is a very large lady who sits not far from my desk. She is big all over but especially "up front" if you get my drift, eh lads?
    Well, to get to the point, I've heard her being referred to in a rather disparaging manner through the use of what I thought was a nickname. This nickname I heard as "Brittany Ferries" which I thought rather cruel but somewhat apt given that her gargantuan size is comparable to that of a roll on roll off (lol!) cross channel ferry. Turns out that I'm completely wrong. Her real name is, in fact, Britney Ferris - I'd just heard it wrong and drew my own conclusions. Just goes to show - truth is sometimes stranger than fiction!

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Just goes to show - truth is stranger than fiction!
    Or, Ruth is stranger than Richard, if your hearing's bad (or you're a Robert Wyatt fan).

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention, ther other similarity between her and a ferry is that she doesn't seem to walk when she crosses the rom - she appears to sail across the room in the effortless manner that large middle aged ladies do, leaving a trace of her Avon perfume in the air as she passes.

Comment

Will you not just go and die?

Comment

Originally posted by churchill View Post
          will you not just go and die?
          WHS +10

If this were true... which I strongly believe it is not.... naming client co employess, particularly around this topic on an open forum is most moronic thing I think I have ever seen.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 24 June 2010, 12:19.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Will you not just go and die?
            WHS +100.
            Ban this tedious and dull sockie, mods, please, for heaven's sake.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I used to work with a girl who's last name was pronounced "lo cock"

But it wasn't spelt like that.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                WHS +100.
                Ban this tedious and dull sockie, mods, please, for heaven's sake.
                Spoil Sport! I like him

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

I once met Lee Bum Suk.........

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Was there a silent B ? LOL!

Comment

Working...
                    X