• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well, I'm doing my bit...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm doing my bit...

The following email exchange took place today...

Originally posted by MrAgent
    Dear Churchill,

I have a client based in the Bristol area who require a software engineer to develop innovative, robust and reliable software components and systems at all stages of the software development life cycle. The contract will be 12 months in length and the start date is asap. The daily rate will be £25 - £31 per hour negotiable.

MrAgent
    Originally posted by Churchill
    MrAgent,

Thanks for the email. I'm currently on £XX an hour in Swindon leading a development team.

Try Bob, he'll probably do it for 25 quid.

Churchill
    Originally posted by MrAgent
    Who is Bob?

MrAgent
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Bob Shawadiwadi -
    Much cheapness, plenty quickness!!!
    Bangalore
    India

Then when he's finished buggering up the software give me a ring and I'll have a look.

Regards,

Churchill
    Are you doing your bit?

Mods - Racism Alert

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Are you doing your bit?

I find that comment offensive. You are implying that all Indian programmers are useless. That is pure unadulterated racsim. Just my view for what it's worth. Oh, and just getting my own back!

Comment

Are you doing your bit?
      Now apart from the last email where you let the game away, this isn't a bad idea.

When asked for references for an agent you don't like you could always point to Bob Shawadiwadi - India | LinkedIn

Same with recommendations above.

Bet Churchill will tulip himself when in six months he gets a £250 referral fee!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Are you doing your bit?

You still doing that OU Diplomacy Course?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
          I find that comment offensive. You are implying that all Indian programmers are useless. That is pure unadulterated racsim. Just my view for what it's worth. Oh, and just getting my own back!
          How many Indian programmers have you met?

All of the ones I've met are rubbish (I've met 100s).
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Surely the sensible thing to do would be to hire bob for £25/hr and bill him out at £30?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

You still giving that OU Diplomacy Course?
              ftfy.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

I was given my first break in IT by an Indian. He was a very technically gifted individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Actually the ones I worked with were much for much likeness with their UK and US counterparts....

Except cheaper and more polite
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                    I was given my first break in IT by an Indian. He was a very technically gifted individual.
                    But also technically, not very discerning eh?

Not sure you could categorise making tea as a genuine "first break in IT" neither.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X