• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thursday Favourite Fives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Favourite Fives

I thought I'd resurrect this as we haven't done one for a while.

This week's theme is 5 embarrassing things that have happened to you at work. I'll go first:

1) Wearing my shirt inside out on the first day of a contract in a "right on" graphics agency.

2) In the same co. as 1) I starterd taliking to a woman I thought was talking to me about how I got to work in the morning. She wasn't talking to me at all but someone behind & wasn't listening to a word I was saying (also on day 1).
    f
    3) On day 2 of above contract I went to make a cup of cofee. They had a machine that ground the beans for you & the beans were contained in a giant hopper (I'm talking industrial size) on top of the machine. When I pressed the button to grind, nothing came out so I gave the hopper a little twist & the whole thing came off sending coffee beans everywhere. Then the 2 grils in chagre of marketing came in and I stood ankle deep in coffee beans.

4) At a business lunch I spilled my beer all over the potential client whose business we were trying to attract.

5) On my first day working in a pub I drank a cup of coffee that I thought had been put out for me but it was, in fact the landlady's daughter's.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post

This week's theme is 5 embarrassing things that have happened to you at work. I'll go first:

1) Wearing my shirt inside out on the first day of a contract in a "right on" graphics agency.

2) In the same co. as 1) I starterd taliking to a woman I thought was talking to me about how I got to work in the morning. She wasn't talking to me at all but someone behind & wasn't listening to a word I was saying (also on day 1).
    f
    3) On day 2 of above contract I went to make a cup of cofee. They had a machine that ground the beans for you & the beans were contained in a giant hopper (I'm talking industrial size) on top of the machine. When I pressed the button to grind, nothing came out so I gave the hopper a little twist & the whole thing came off sending coffee beans everywhere. Then the 2 grils in chagre of marketing came in and I stood ankle deep in coffee beans.

4) At a business lunch I spilled my beer all over the potential client whose business we were trying to attract.

5) On my first day working in a pub after being sacked from the above job I drank a cup of coffee that I thought had been put out for me but it was, in fact the landlady's daughter's and was sacked again
    FTFY
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Who are you? The last one was before this incarnation of your persona...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Who are you? The last one was before this incarnation of your persona...
        Never mind that, let's have your 5.

Comment

Just got one - the time I was going for an interview in the afternoon and got soup on my tie at lunch.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Just got one - the time I was going for an interview in the afternoon and got soup on my tie at lunch.
            So you took your tie off before the interview?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              So you took your tie off before the interview?
              I'm a contractor man, I went out an bought a new one.

Comment

Why 5 ?
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  Why 5 ?
                  Tradition. Although I'm sure the originator of the Thursday fav fives would be disappointed by this effort.

This is the smokey and the bandit 3 of revival attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Tradition. Although I'm sure the originator of the Thursday fav fives would be disappointed by this effort.

This is the smokey and the bandit 3 of revival attempts.
                    Was it not you?
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X