• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holding Doors Open

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding Doors Open

At my current client, people take door etiquette a little bit far IMO. Generally, if somebody is within say 10 feet astern of myself when I go through a door, I'll hold it open. Here it's like 100 yards! It happened this morning when I came into work - I was shuffling along minding my own business when I saw somebody holding the door open that I was due to go through 2 minutes hence. This , of course, meant I had to hurry along and then look grateful on passing through the door when in reality I just wanted to give him a kick in the shins for cramping my style! The funny thing is, I didn't actually hurry; I made it look as though I was hurrying without actually hurrying which IMO is even harder than the act of hurrying itself! There should be a verb for this act of feigning being in a hurry. Please feel free to post y0our suggestions & then we could have a poll!

Being fat?

Comment

I sometimes hold the door open for someone who, like you then starts hurrying (or pretending to). But then I decide they're too far away after all, and let go of the door. Sometimes it slams in their face just as they reach it.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Oh, verb. You fatted them, or fatorized (American spelling).

Comment

I misread the title, thought it was "Holiday Doors Open".

First week in a new role, bad sign
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            when in reality I just wanted to give him a kick in the shins for cramping my style!
            What "style"??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Gricerboy, I work on a secure site that has a "no tailgating" policy, so you'd be f**ked, or not.

Comment

Originally posted by churchill View Post
                gricerboy, I live in a secure unit that has a "no tailgating" policy, so you'd be f**ked, or not.
                ftfy

Comment

Working...
                X