• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England-Germany predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England-Germany predictions

2-1 to England.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

The only winner will be Soccer Supremo - Sven Erklsson - remember him ?

The canny Swede lead Englands last WC attempt - a nervous stuttering opening performance then the outing by Portugal - his second WC flop as Englands manager.

But Erik didnt mind - after all irrespective of Englands performance - he negoitated a golden handshake of 1 Million for that dismal display - then another 1 million each year for the next four years .

Nice one Erik.

What was the FA smoking when they signed that contract ?

But his talent for lavish rewards for faliure didnt stop there -

After a year out of the game, in July 2007 Eriksson agreed to a three-year contract with the recently taken over top-flight but struggling English club Manchester City[2] worth £2 million a year plus bonuses[3], agreed with their wealthy new Thai owner Thaksin Shinawatra.

After a good start to the season, with his early signings creating an impact, it was announced by many news sources that in a surprise move, Shinawatra wished to replace Eriksson in May 2008 after only one full season, because of an "avalanche of very poor results which is unacceptable at this level".

On 2 June 2008, Eriksson officially left Manchester City.

On 3 June 2008, he was officially signed to become the manager of the Mexican national team, despite mass protests by the Mexican fans. He was sacked on 2 April 2009. Immediately afterwards, the Mexican fans' association held a "victory rally" attended by approximately 30,000 angry supporters.[4]

Eriksson was Director of Football at English League Two team Notts County from July 2009 to February 2010, attracted by a Middle East consortium which claimed to seek to take the club to the top of the Premiership. Sven-Goran Eriksson has been appointed Ivory Coast coach for the 2010 World Cup finals. "His mission will be to lead Ivory Coast team during the World Cup and to make sure it fares honourably, which will be difficult in a competition featuring the world's best 32 sides."
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 24 June 2010, 14:40.

Comment

1-1, England lose on penalties
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
        whs
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          Probability says otherwise.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Probability has no memory of past events though...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              1-0 to the Krauts.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

0-0. Even after penalties.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

In the words of Stevie G "Comonlesavit" 4-2.

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Beckenbauer.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    In the words of Stevie G "Comonlesavit" 4-2.

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Beckenbauer.
                    As you can tell from my previous posts - of the "big" teams I don't rate England. I rate Germany even less though - they find it hard to beat us in open play.
                    So if the boys are firing on all cyclinders, you may well be right.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X