• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A little game for you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little game for you

He nods and says he understands and sometimes wiggles his head around, but each time he asks another question I realize he hasn’t understood anything he’s been told.

Who is he and what am I trying to do?

(clue; I am leaving for another gig next week)
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    He nods and says he understands and sometimes wiggles his head around, but each time he asks another question I realize he hasn’t understood anything he’s been told.

He's Bob, and you're doing a handover.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Game over. What an easy game.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'd say permie. The head wobbling thing makes me think it is Bob. I suspect you are in handovers.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Yep.

I would do a but I'm out of here next week.

Comment

Is your job really that hard? I thought you were just a tester

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Is your job really that hard? I thought you were just a tester
              Well I’ve never found it particularly difficult, no. I wouldn’t do it if it was.

I once had a very difficult job doing spatial demographic modelling for a Dutch water authority; that was difficult. It was also poorly paid, so as soon as someone offered the easy option to go and test software and get a company Audi and a juicy salary (for the early 90s), I was off. Never really engaged my brains in the workplace since then, but I've not been short of cash.
              Last edited by Mich the Tester; 24 June 2010, 15:17.

Comment

Well I’ve never found it particularly difficult, no. I wouldn’t do it if it was.
                You were supposed to bite.

Comment

So you've come back to the office pished and as you slurr your words the guy just nods in a bemused way.

The head wiggle thingy is your vision, not his head.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    So you've come back to the office pished and as you slurr your words the guy just nods in a bemused way.

The head wiggle thingy is your vision, not his head.

HTH
                    No, he was wiggling his head yesterday when I was sober. He wiggles his head a lot.

Actually, we could do with a Bob smiley; anyone know of an Indian head wiggle smiley for our collection, or any creative person able to make one?

Comment

Working...
                    X