• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which public school should I send my child to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which public school should I send my child to?

Eh?

Harrow
    Eton
    Rugby
    Charterhouse
    Winchester

or

Tower Hamlets Secondary Modern
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Tower Hamlets secondary modern.

Your kid will learn far more there, than any of these schools for "wufftas".
    ...and its cheaper.

Another advantage is that there are far less drugs, criminal activity etc. than you find in "wufftas" schools.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
      Tower Hamlets secondary modern.

Your kid will learn far more there, than any of these schools for "wufftas".
      ...and its cheaper.

Another advantage is that there are far less drugs, criminal activity etc. than you find in "wufftas" schools.
      But dont expect them to get to run a major PLC,

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...m?id=184982002
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        Eh?

Harrow
        Eton
        Rugby
        Charterhouse
        Winchester

or

Tower Hamlets Secondary Modern
        Well, how old is the child in question?

Unless you put the little bighter's name down at conception, there is little chance that you could hope for a place at any of the public schools you mentioned (unless you are an old boy, or a friend of Tony).

Tower Hamlets secondary modern it is then!

Bogey

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

The child is purely hypothetical at the moment. For all I know I'm firing blanks ...
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Unless it really is one of those listed I wouldn't bother.

I went to a minor league public school and it did me no bloody use at all. I still ended up as a contractor

Seriously, it's not worth the wonga. If you want your kid to do well you'd be better of with a state school plus extra tuition at home if they need it.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
              Unless it really is one of those listed I wouldn't bother.

I went to a minor league public school and it did me no bloody use at all. I still ended up as a contractor

Seriously, it's not worth the wonga. If you want your kid to do well you'd be better of with a state school plus extra tuition at home if they need it.
              Or even better move house to an area where the state schools are good. This will not only benefit you but it will also piss off the lefties
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                Or even better move house to an area where the state schools are good. This will not only benefit you but it will also piss off the lefties

'Good' is a relative term. In my opinion, academically, 'good' is =>80% GCSE A-C.

Very few state schools fall into this category.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education...es/default.stm

Comment

I went to one of those listed above.

It was crap.

Comment

Most of my mates who went to the local Comp ended up in really crappy factory jobs or low-end sales roles.

Going to a good public school even got a lazy bastard like me to Uni.

So, going into the workplace with a Degree put me immediately into the top few percent. Sure there are those who dragged themselves out of the gutter by their shoelaces but they are few and far between.

If I can pay some cash out to give my nipper a start on the rest, I'll happily do it.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X