• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So - is this time to go to the Darkside.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So - is this time to go to the Darkside.......

I'm a general Project / Programme Manager, Banking / Manufacturing experience, last 4 or 5 years Govt / NHS

Govt / NHS going down the swanny fast, seems difficult to get back across to Banking as experience out of date (although as PM it doesn't really matter).

Have been asked to apply for my current Contract on a permie basis (NHS) before Contract gets cut

don't want to but thinking I may have to. 3 months notice period - yeurrkkk

so am I over-reacting or are things as dire as they seem?

Depends what you're being offered as a permie rate and to a number of other factors, some of which are...

1) Size of warchest
    2) Your view on risk
    3) Level of disruption to your current family life etc.. you can put up with

If you can stand most of those to a greater degree I would carry on down the contracting route to be honest. It doesn't seem completely on it's arse to me at the moment an a 3 month notice period seriously undermines any chance you have of coming back in the short term future IMO.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X