• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mostly Harmless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mostly Harmless

So what do you have to do to change the rating? At the moment I sound like a dose of swine flu.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Whereas MF's should be a dose of the clap: irritating tw* t
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I struggle to find where the ratings I've got are - I could see two, one red, one green but no comments. And without knowing the scale I can't even be sure if I'm the default or one below/above.

edit: just took me 5min to even find any hint of reputation. For no reason at all, it's in my 'settings' page. It's not a setting, why ain't it in notifications or profile? And am I supposed to be able to find a history of reputation I've given?
      Last edited by d000hg; 24 June 2010, 19:02.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I struggle to find where the ratings I've got are - I could see two, one red, one green but no comments. And without knowing the scale I can't even be sure if I'm the default or one below/above.

-xxxxx to <0 - Slower than a 486
        0 - 10 - Neither Here nor There
        11 - 49 Mostly Harmless
        50 - 99 Makes Sense
        100 - xxxx Should be listened to

Thats what we know so far.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just make some posts with pics of Kylie with not much on, seems to get some +ve rep. But I'm still mostly harmless.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Just make some posts with pics of Kylie with not much on, seems to get some +ve rep. But I'm still mostly harmless.
            That or

a) Post something funny
            b) Post something interesting
            c) Post something financial
            d) Post something that people are interested in.

Mmm. Thats you ****ed I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

edit: just took me 5min to even find any hint of reputation. For no reason at all, it's in my 'settings' page. It's not a setting, why ain't it in notifications or profile? And am I supposed to be able to find a history of reputation I've given?
              Nobody but admin knows what the full extent of the scale is and what the other descriptions are.

Yep, the ratings are in a pretty stupid place: I don't know why they did it that way. I'll see about shifting it somewhere more sensible, like the profile page. I'm not aware of any way of seeing your rating-giving history, though it sounds like a reasonable feature: I'll have to see if it's feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                -xxxxx to <0 - Slower than a 486
                0 - 10 - Neither Here nor There
                11 - 49 Mostly Harmless
                50 - 99 Makes Sense
                100 - xxxx Should be listened to

Thats what we know so far.
                Once you get to 1000 general is revealed as a darkened room with some keys on the floor.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Once you get to 1000 general is revealed as a darkened room with some keys on the floor.
                  That or a prison shower room and you have to work out how to get the soap!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    That or a prison shower room and you have to work out how to get the soap!
                    Create a sockie and ask them to pick it up. Simples.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X