• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interviewers who are dull!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interviewers who are dull!

Just had an interview(yes, literally just now) where the interviewer was so dull, so dull I started to ask him what he would be doing this evening as he was in Amsterdam and obviously it was getting on.

'Going to do some more work then go to bed around 10pm. Early start you know, all work, work. I don't drink you see, so it's a good time to put some extra effort in'

The company was even duller. I actually got to the point in the interview where I started to back pedal. Ehhh. Actually I'm not really that available you know, kinda busy, got a holiday coming, time of the month.....

Anyone else found themselves in an interview where you start to try and NOT get the role!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Anyone else found themselves in an interview where you start to try and NOT get the role!
    I had loads where not wanted, but was so in need of a job I'd have taken them. But still didn't get offered 'em despite the interviewer being dull/nuts/whatever. I think I start smirking/looking confused which doesn't help.

In one of them the guy obviously wasn't interested within 5 seconds, then he proceeded to choke on a sandwich and couldn't speak properly for half of it. In another the interviewer stared at the table while HR person interviewed me. And nobody in the whole office spoke, it was deathly. I got turned down as they said "I wouldn't like to deliver bad news". In another the guy was red, sweating, and obviously v .hungover. And told me how they liked to work and play hard (for some reason that drives me mad.. I always want to say "don't you have friends outside work?, or are you trying to tell me you are totally craaaazyyyy").

Worst thing I had wasn't a job interview. It was a driving test. He'd already failed me previously. Got in the car and he was being a bit more human than the last time, asking me what I was up to at the weekend. When I asked him what he was doing he just said "nothing, I'm working, but I did used to go to the theatre" but said it with a slight hiss, that made me think I should have told him I really lived in a nunnery and didn't go out. He failed me again while shaking his head at me while reeling off my mistakes in a patronising manner

Comment

Working...
    X