• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrrrrr, that wasn't worth the wait.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrrrr, that wasn't worth the wait.

Got my latest OU piece finished, thought right, time for a bit of gratuitous violence by way of relaxation. Oh, look, TF2 on the Mac at last!

Turns out it's tulipe. Even on the lowest settings performance in game is woeful and the sound cuts out for no apparent reason and wont come back.

Runs like a dream on the same machine under Bootcamp. TF2 is about the last reason I have to boot into windows anymore as well.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Oh, look, TF2 on the Mac at last!
    What are you running it on? Portal was fine on my imac (2.85 C2duo +4m RAM) is TF2 going to struggle?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      What are you running it on? Portal was fine on my imac (2.85 C2duo +4m RAM) is TF2 going to struggle?
      Running on an iMac under Mac OS 10.5.8. Like I said, it runs perfectly under windows with bootcamp but crap in Mac OS. Portal ran fine for me too.

Reading the forums it looks like it's a common problem.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Get a MAC...oops

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
          Get a MAC LIFE!!!
          ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
            Get a MAC...oops
            I've already got three. I don't need to replace any yet...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I've already got three. I don't need to replace any yet...
              Yep, you've got one for each of the programs you need to run...

Comment

Should have bought a PC.
                Proper Computer
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Yep, you've got one for each of the programs you need to run...
                  Yeah, one is the media centre (imac), one is the web & file server (mac mini server) and one I do all the work on (macbook).

I've had the macbook 4 years now and it's still going strong, running the latest os with all the bells and whistles.

Show me a 4 year old, sub £1000, laptop running Windows 7 with all of that aero tulip switched on that doesn't run like a dog...

Comment

Show me a 4 year old, sub £1000, laptop running Windows 7 with all of that aero tulip switched on that doesn't run like a dog...
                    Shouldn't be that difficult actually
                    4 years ago for <£1000 you could have got you a pretty decent dual core laptop with 2GB ram and possibly a dedicated graphics card.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X