• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just what we need, more immigrants!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just what we need, more immigrants!

British population rises by 394,000 - Telegraph

Just as the public sector is being culled and fewer private sector jobs are being created, we go an import another 176,000 people from abroad.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 24 June 2010, 21:31.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Just as the public sector is being culled and fewer private sector jobs are being created, we go an import another 176,000 people from abroad.
    I'm an immigrant. Do you object to my presence?

Comment

The Chinese are desperate to live abroad, just not in England if possible – Telegraph Blogs

TFFT

Minna, a 34-year-old PR executive said that she had discussed emigration with her husband as recently as yesterday, but had decided to stick to China. Her opinion about the UK? Taxes are too high and the standard of living is just too low.
      We know how to keep 'em out, well at least the clever ones.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

The article doesn't really explain that much, just comes out with random figures and no basis behind them about the people it claims are migrants (is this people on benefits, people doing certain jobs??).

It's the old adage about lies and statistics, things can be twisted to suit agendas.

I'm not that bothered about immigration, various governments trot it out as an excuse for whenever they have to make cuts/cover up the mess they've all made. The media joins in as it makes a nice headline.

Comment

Originally posted by northernrampage View Post
          I'm not that bothered about immigration
          WNRS

Controlled Immigration has, for the most part, benefited and enriched the place. What has done the damage is over-egging the whole process by failing to ensure that it is done at a rate where the numbers involved can be absorbed seamlessly, and not vetting those coming in for relevant skills.
          What worries me more is the fact that nothing is being done about sterilising all the Chavs!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If it is controlled yes but it hasn't been and you only need to look at the government's own welfare statistics to see it. By what possible logic are groups on higher than average welfare payments (including all those chavs) an asset to us? They (or their children probably given low social immobility) will not pay for their own pensions let alone anyone else's.

The idea that their contribution is somehow far greater than than their net tax/NI payments suggest looks like a nonsense when you look at the sort of jobs they do, car washers, data inputters, taxi drivers, cooks come bottle washers in small ethnic restaurants. Many of these businesses would be uneconomic if not indirectly propped up by a welfare system that supplements the low wages they pay their workers and, like any uneconomic business that serves no social purpose, they should be allowed to fold if we are to have a dynamic economy.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

And they take up space. !76,000 paople is two more Lutons.

Comment

Originally posted by cnch View Post
                I'm an immigrant. Do you object to my presence?
                Yes.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Government reconsidering plans to impose immigration cap | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Comment

In my opinion immigrants from East Europe have made a very positive contribution to our society. Basically, they have a good work ethic and inetgrate well. Not so sure about the influx of migrants from lawless 3rd world fleapits like Somalia though, that's a whole different ballgame.

Comment

Working...
                    X