• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Weekend

Playing golf on Saturday at Worle Golf Course with my brother. He's recently given up smoking & has been a bit tetchy so i hope he's in a better mood than last time we met up.,. Don't blame him from being short te,pered though, he promised to give up smoking if his wifee lost some wait & it looks to me as if she isn't keeping to her end of the bargain.

Then, Saturday night, I'm off with the quartet to do a performance at Somerton Rotary Club. Should be good - we got a new song to do!

Then Sunday going down to Exeter to take the train up to Barnstaple where I will do some spotting & spend some time exploring some of the disused stations in the vicinity.
    Last edited by gricerboy; 25 June 2010, 08:50.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Playing golf on Saturday at Worle Golf Course with my brother. He's recently given up smoking & has been a bit tetchy so i hope he's in a better mood than last time we met up.,. Don't blame him from being short te,pered though, he promised to give up smoking if his wifee lost some wait & it looks to me as if she isn't keeping to her end of the bargain.

Then, Saturday night, I'm off with the quarted to do a performance at Somerton Rotary Club. Should be good - we got a new song to do!

Then Sunday going down to Exeter to take the train up to Barnstaple where I will do some spotting & spend some time exploring some of the disused stations in the vicinity.
    Action-filled and no mistake!

How DO you manage?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Didn't know there were any other WSM peeps around. I lived in Worle until recently, The Observatory was my local.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

some tosh

You've edited this post and STILL the spelling is awful.

D-
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

This weekend I collect teenager from boarding school for the summer holidays, going to a Viking ages themed drinking session, and looking at a farm on an island that girly has taken a shine too (but luckily teenager has rejected it out of hand as it requires a boat trip to go 'anywhere', there's no public transport, and horror of horrors: there aren't even any taxis)
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Action-filled and no mistake!

How DO you manage?

LOL @ Shauney - I don't always have such action packed weekends - this is pretty exciting even by my standards!

Comment

Then, Saturday night, I'm off with the quartet to do a performance at Somerton Rotary Club. Should be good - we got a new song to do!
              You doing a cover of 'Loser' by Beck? Great song.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                Didn't know there were any other WSM peeps around. I lived in Worle until recently, The Observatory was my local.
                As a teetotaller I don't really drink so am not in the habit of frequenting public houses but I am acquainted with the one to which you refer in your post

Comment

As a teetotaller I don't really drink so am not in the habit of frequenting public houses but I am acquainted with the one to which you refer in your post
                  Pompous or what.

Sounds like a reply from the British Rail complaints department, c 1950.

Mary Poppins, I imagine gricerboy's "quartet" is a morris dancing troupe. Once they get going, the poor sods in the rotary club will be praying for it to be over.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Pompous or what.

Sounds like a reply from the British Rail complaints department, c 1950.

Mary Poppins, I imagine gricerboy's "quartet" is a morris dancing troupe. Once they get going, the poor sods in the rotary club will be praying for it to be over.
                    Wrong! Not that there is anything wong with Morris Dancing troupes of couse. FYI the quartet to which I refer and of which I am a member is barber shop.

Comment

Working...
                    X