PDA

View Full Version : Our New Bulletin Board!

Contractor UK
6th July 2005, 14:57
We are about to launch a new bulletin board for our site users and we hope to make this available to you later today. We have begun the process of copying over the remaining posts but due to the fact that your registration was with EZBoard, and not us, we are unable to import your user details.

Due to this you will now be able to go to the new forum and register your current user name before someone else bags it We realise the potential here for nicking others ID’s but please play nicely now. For those not happy with your current reputation it does of course give you the opportunity to create a whole new persona. If only real life was that simple.....

We hope you enjoy the new forum, please send your bugs and complaints to the usual address too.

The new forum is available at:

forums.contractoruk.com (http://forums.contractoruk.com)

swamp
6th July 2005, 14:59
I prefer this one.

widgetdance
6th July 2005, 15:02
I am going to register as everyone else if you dont hurry up.

WageSlave1
6th July 2005, 15:03
Poor AtW...no longer the world's best poster. Poor lad must be having an existential crisis.

NumptyCorner
6th July 2005, 15:05
Someone has nicked one of mine already!

AtW
Do we get post counts transferred? Or I have to start over :eek

widgetdance
Poor AtW...no longer the world's best poster.I can see this one running and running.

WageSlave1
6th July 2005, 15:07
Or I have to start over

AtW...remember, you need to sleep...

AtW
6th July 2005, 15:08
With all due respect the choice of forum board could not have been the worst -- ezboard is a pilce of crap, but at least it looks nice and clean!

WageSlave1
6th July 2005, 15:12
With all due respect the choice of forum board could not have been the worst -- ezboard is a pilce of crap, but at least it looks nice and clean!

Have to agree. And it's easier to see new posts.

Cojak
6th July 2005, 15:12
into the wide blue yonder...

See you all on the other side...

DimPrawn
6th July 2005, 15:57
I refuse to leave. You can't make me leave. I have cyber-squatters rights you know.

:evil

SupremeSpod
6th July 2005, 16:44
I'm staying here, someone cowardly piece of shite nicked my nick!

PRC1964
6th July 2005, 16:47
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

With those terms and conditions it's going to be a "slow" site.

DodgyAgent
6th July 2005, 17:05
I'm staying here, someone cowardly piece of shite nicked my nick! :D

£200 and you can have it back :D

DA in "making a killing" mode :D :hat

MilanB
6th July 2005, 17:09
sad innit,

I nicked fiddle's

Milan.

Alf W
13th July 2009, 17:38
We all missed our 4th anniversary on this forum.

So, anyone care to confess that they took the opportunity to nick someone else's ID when we switched over (or is still bitter that someone else nicked theirs).

BrilloPad
13th July 2009, 17:46
We all missed our 4th anniversary on this forum.

So, anyone care to confess that they took the opportunity to nick someone else's ID when we switched over (or is still bitter that someone else nicked theirs).

I admit it. I took atw......

Board Game Geek
13th July 2009, 17:47
4th Anniversary ?

Goodness me, how time flies !

Have we all really been posting 4 years of complete drivel and it's come to this ? We miss our own birthday ?

Jolly poor show chaps and chapesses !

Still, at least the drivel has matured over the last 4 years, and now it's mainly argumentative drivel, as opposed to that pointless drivel we started out with.

Top effort from the pedants and contrarians at keeping this board going through the lean times, and welcoming new members with a warmth and friendliness not seen since the Spanish Inquisition.

Join me as I raise a glass of vitirol to the next 4 years !

EternalOptimist
13th July 2009, 18:04
4th Anniversary ?

Goodness me, how time flies !

Have we all really been posting 4 years of complete drivel and it's come to this ? We miss our own birthday ?

Jolly poor show chaps and chapesses !

Still, at least the drivel has matured over the last 4 years, and now it's mainly argumentative drivel, as opposed to that pointless drivel we started out with.

Top effort from the pedants and contrarians at keeping this board going through the leen times, and welcoming new members with a warmth and friendliness not seen since the Spanish Inquisition.

Join me as I raise a glass of vitirol to the next 4 years !

:spel lean

:rolleyes:

OwlHoot
13th July 2009, 18:21
OK 'fess up. How many people didn't notice the date in the first post and were baffled to find the "new" board was the same as the current one?

(Not me obviously, but I imagine one or two people did :rolleyes: )

EternalOptimist
13th July 2009, 18:23
OK 'fess up. How many people didn't notice the date in the first post and were baffled to find the "new" board was the same as the current one?

<cough>

swamp
13th July 2009, 18:38

I was about to post a comment how I preferred the current one. Then I noticed I'd already done it. In July 2005! :rolleyes:

cojak
13th July 2009, 21:13
I was about to post a comment how I preferred the current one. Then I noticed I'd already done it. In July 2005! :rolleyes:

WE FEAR CHANGE... :nerd

:laugh

MPwannadecentincome
13th July 2009, 21:18
:eek:

Alf W
13th July 2009, 21:45
Old CUK forum (http://cuk.yuku.com/forum/view/id/1?page=92)

snaw
13th July 2009, 21:49
Old CUK forum (http://cuk.yuku.com/forum/view/id/1?page=92)

Anyone else read this thread on the 1st page and think **** me mate, you weren't half right on that one ...

http://cuk.yuku.com/topic/2189/t/Housing-Alan-Greenspans-Second-Bubble.html

NickFitz
14th July 2009, 00:50
Wot, no TPD (http://cuk.yuku.com/forums/5/t/Light-Relief.html)? :confused:

d000hg
14th July 2009, 01:03
I'm really confused.

RichardCranium
14th July 2009, 05:59
Wot, no TPD (http://cuk.yuku.com/forums/5/t/Light-Relief.html)? :confused:That'll be why it had to go.

NotAllThere
14th July 2009, 07:22
OK 'fess up. How many people didn't notice the date in the first post...

I was just about to click and then noticed the date.

realityhack
14th July 2009, 09:50
Bump - to lure more in - assuming they read (carelessly) from the top of the thread, that is. :D

cojak
14th July 2009, 09:52
Bump - to lure more in - assuming they read (carelessly) from the top of the thread, that is. :D

bit of a mischevous squirrel today, arn't we? :smile

realityhack
14th July 2009, 09:53
bit of a mischevous squirrel today, arn't we? :smile
When am I never? :D

snaw
14th July 2009, 09:54
When am I never? :D

Watch out or AtW will try to feed you his nuts ...

realityhack
14th July 2009, 09:56
Watch out or AtW will try to feed you his nuts ...
I steal mine from Waitrose.

Never accept nuts from strangers. Especially hairy ones.

DimPrawn
14th July 2009, 10:00
I just had a look through some of the threads from 4 years ago.

Houses, will they go up or down in price?
Why have New Labour taxed me again?
Why is <insert name here> such a tosser and a troll?

Good to see progress here.

expat
14th July 2009, 10:09
I can just see that this is going to do a TPD and live forever. Sigh. Oops, I bumped it.

chef
14th July 2009, 10:38
:o i was thinking "quick dammit, i need to register Cybertory just to shut him up for good"