• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do

when you are sat in an airport hotel room waiting on folk whose flight is delayed and there is nothing on the tv?

Originally posted by cnch View Post
    when you are sat in an airport hotel room waiting on folk whose flight is delayed and there is nothing on the tv?
    <Ahem> Just think of me................

Comment

eat + drink

or

get some sleep; the TV will rot your brain you know
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Eat drink read. If you enjoy crosswords, get a crossword book.

You aren't really bored until you have tried every combination possible on a baggage lock just to to pass the time.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          <Ahem> Just think of me................
          and ...................

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          eat + drink

or

get some sleep; the TV will rot your brain you know
          I can't sleep because I said I would meet them at arrivals. We are all taking the same flight tomorrow.

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          Eat drink read. If you enjoy crosswords, get a crossword book.

You aren't really bored until you have tried every combination possible on a baggage lock just to to pass the time.
          I thought 0000 was the only combination allowed.

Originally posted by Lightship
          Go to the lounge, get a drink and a snack, relax, and watch the planes take off and land.
          It is full of pi$$ed up party people with their boobs and bums hanging out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
            Which hotel is this?
            They are too young for you.
            I am staying at a hotel at an airport. If you would like a further hint - I can see planes from my window.

Comment

They are too young for you.
              I am staying at a hotel at an airport. If you would like a further hint - I can see planes from my window.
              You're staying in the Radisson at Stansted...

Sit in the chair designed for human comfort while watching the bunny wabits in the wasteland across the road having the time of their life's
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                You're staying in the Radisson at Stansted...
                There's a kettle and a box of tissues in your room and the services off of the Bishops Stortford roundabout sell Pot Noodles.

Comment

.........We are all taking the same flight tomorrow.......
                  <sniff> Missing you <sob> already... Promise you won't forget me <sniff>

Comment

Crack one off in the nearest bogs. That always kills off 10 minutes or so.

HTH

sasguru

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X