• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So I'm watching Glastonbury ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm watching Glastonbury ...

... am I the only person thinking the Gorillaz set is a bunch of w*nk?
    (I have to watch it in the interests of inter-house harmony)
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Not watching it but certsainly they are not as good now as they were. Gorillaz and Demon Days were essential albums ( imo ) but the live stuff has gone downhill and Plastic Beach was a bit of a disappointment. Apart from the Demon Days gigs which were really astonishing their live performances jus dont work that well I dont think.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Not watching it but certsainly they are not as good now as they were. Gorillaz and Demon Days were essential albums ( imo ) but the live stuff has gone downhill and Plastic Beach was a bit of a disappointment. Apart from the Demon Days gigs which were really astonishing their live performances jus dont work that well I dont think.
      Snoop Dogg was alright. Seemed to be having a bit of fun with it.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Snoop Dogg was alright. Seemed to be having a bit of fun with it.
        Yeah,probably one of the best 2 or 3 tracks on the album. The rest was pretty pants.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Utter tulipe, pretentious, talentless durge, and mainly not live
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Spot on Zippy! I tolerated about a minute and a half of some oriental wailing and Albarns' sycophantic encouragement before moving on to something altogether more entertaining.

Looking at the line up for this year (they've even got Rolf Harris FFS!), I can't see a band that I'd pay a tenner to see, either washed up rubbish (Stranglers, Willie Nelson), middle of the road crap (Jackson Browne & Norah Jones) or esoteric trash (too numerous to list).

Where are the BIG names, the headliners, the bands to tell you grandchildren that you saw live, at Glastonbury?

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              From the Beeb: "Another festival-goer, Kevin Prince, 23, from Birmingham, said Gorillaz were 'very good at the end'."

I assume that's a polite way of saying "They were very good when they stopped."

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                Spot on Zippy! I tolerated about a minute and a half of some oriental wailing and Albarns' sycophantic encouragement before moving on to something altogether more entertaining.

Looking at the line up for this year (they've even got Rolf Harris FFS!), I can't see a band that I'd pay a tenner to see, either washed up rubbish (Stranglers, Willie Nelson), middle of the road crap (Jackson Browne & Norah Jones) or esoteric trash (too numerous to list).

Where are the BIG names, the headliners, the bands to tell you grandchildren that you saw live, at Glastonbury?

I love Rolf Harris!

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  Re Gorillaz.... WYAS

+ I was looking forward to U2......... D'Oh!!!

Comment

+1
                    Self indulgent, pretentious cack.

Comment

Working...
                    X