• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heavy metal help needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy metal help needed

I was listening to my "Dad - Ultimate guide to rock" album this moring, disk one, sipping coffee and contemplating a bike ride when a Judas Priest track came on, "Breaking the law". Sounded vaguely familiar but I'm not much into heavy metal (and yes I'm sure JP is only scratching the surface of some of the darkest and heaviest of all heavy metal music before any of you stinky sleeveless t-shirt wearers gets stroppy about it.)

Anywho, SY03 and SY04 went absolutely bananas, jumping all over the sofas and dancing around. They just like the noise the guitars make I think.

To be honest I don't want to stifle their musical tastes, nor do I want then following some satanical cult. Am I taking this too seriously? If so, what bands of the JP "ilk" are good to listen to and keep some plaster on the walls?
    Last edited by suityou01; 26 June 2010, 08:20.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    To be honest I don't want to stifle their musical tastes, nor do I want then following some satanical cult. Am I taking this too seriously?
    Yes!!

If so, what bands of the JP "ilk" are good to listen to and keep some plaster on the walls?
    Ease them into Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Rammstein for starters.................they are generally accepted as being fairly commercial "middle of the road" easy listening outfits.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Yes!!

Ease them into Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Rammstein for starters.................they are generally accepted as being fairly commercial "middle of the road" easy listening outfits.

HTH

ya bewty

Comment

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Suity, this could be a defining moment for you kids.

You have let them deviate from what is considered normal music and you are now considering Iron Maiden!?!?!

Lock them in a room with the stylistics blaring for the rest of the day. Slow melodic pop ballads with a man with a falsetto voice for a few hours should reboot the music circuits and the problems will be sorted.

They will thank you for it later.

Comment

No. You are not taking this too seriously. Some of the Banda mentioned are all into the worship of Satan and before long you'll be up in court because your dear ones have murdered some poor innocent!!!

I suggest Fugazi followed up with Clutching at Straws. This should start to get them on the straight and narrow. By the time you get to Misplaced Childhood your kiddies should be well on the way.

Yours

Uncle MF
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Naw - what you want is a few Cradle of Filth albums, some Slipknot an then a bit of Rammstein for balance
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              No. You are not taking this too seriously. Some of the Banda mentioned are all into the worship of Satan and before long you'll be up in court because your dear ones have murdered some poor innocent!!!

I suggest Fugazi followed up with Clutching at Straws. This should start to get them on the straight and narrow. By the time you get to Misplaced Childhood your kiddies should be well on the way.

Yours

Uncle MF

Actually a little pee came out while laughing. Thanks MF.

Comment

what bands of the JP "ilk" are good to listen to and keep some plaster on the walls?
                Carcass, Napalm Death, Sepultura, Obituary, Slayer, Kreator - this shuld get you going for a while
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

No, No, No, No, you are all getting it all wrong.

Van De Graf Generator, Rush, Yes, ELP, King Crimson.

Get them listening to some proper music
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sabbath, Led Zepp, Deep purple and Motorhead just to kick off on the basics.

Iron Maiden is a good intro into the light side of things. Dio, again good, same style and good music.

Rammstein, is a tad on the dark side but very good,

Metallica, stick to the earlier albums, (anything post JH therapy sessions is a tad on the sellout side). Megadeth, same era but some good stuff.

Slayer, if you want an intro into thrash.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X