• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPhone 4 - Anyone Got One

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPhone 4 - Anyone Got One

Popped into the apple store this morning and the phones are just amazing

Has anyone got one?

Any thing bad to report

500 GBP for a phone is pretty steep (one days pay :-))

Seen this yet?

Comment

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
        Seen this yet?
        Aye, best to wait a bit methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          If it's in the daily mail it must be true....
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            If it's in the daily mail it must be true....
            Do let us know when Steve calls you directly with the latest news.

Comment

Looks like there's a bit of a wait

09:17 So far today I have had to turn away almost as much business as we do in an entire month. Part of me wonders if this scarcity of product isn't cynically engineered to maximise hype. No other phone manufacturer has these stock issues at launch every single time they launch a product.

There is a new communication from head office. The iPhone 4 is only available on upgrade till an unspecified time in the future. Oh, and employees are banned from buying one on pain of dismissal.

09:27 A new missive from head office, O2's upgrade line is swamped and is close to falling over. I get a call from a former colleague in another phone retailer. Apparently they got no stock either - at least it's not just us.

11:30 Far from being one of the biggest sales days of the year this is turning out to be one of the quietest. This "launch" is either cluster**** of epic proportions or an equally epic marketing coup. I can't quite work out which.

"iPhone 4. This changes everything. Again." The only thing I see changing is my choice of job. ®
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post

HTH
                Linky
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  That article has been pulled. This page references it and links to a screen shot of the offending article.

Comment

It is bloody expensive for a phone
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X