• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who Series Five - last episode

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Who Series Five - last episode

For the non-fans/despisers/those who can't see the point/gricerboy: here's a ball. Go play with it.

For the rest of us, a poll. How was last nights episode? I thought it was great. Enough flaws to be true Dr Who. Loved the destruction of the fez.
    Sheer brilliance
    47.83%
    Not disappointing
    8.70%
    OK, but a bit flawed
    21.74%
    Disappointing
    8.70%
    Andy who?
    13.04%
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    For the non-fans/despisers/those who can't see the point/gricerboy: here's a ball. Go play with it.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

bit of an anti climax - the transition from last weeks to this weeks episode was I thought a bit confused

But very watch able

I expect the Daleks will be along shortly to concur
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

"I can get another fez..."

If you didn't look too carefully at the bit of Dr Who not existing but why did Amy's mother recognise the Ragetty Man reference, it was great!
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

"Mercy"

"Mercy"

"Merrrcy"

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            "I can get another fez..."

If you didn't look too carefully at the bit of Dr Who not existing but why did Amy's mother recognise the Ragetty Man reference, it was great!
            That's because young Amy remembered him from her dreams on his last visit. And nothing is every really gone. It seems to imply that memories are in some way responsible for creating reality. It's probably quantum. ( Flaws aside, it's cracking storytelling ).
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Good but a little. Bit flawed IMO.

For example Rory gets the doctor out of the Pandorica using the sonic. But the doctor had the sonic in the pandorica, so the start of the timey wimey future doc couldnt really have started.

But River Song!!!!! Ooooooooo!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Something Old, something, new, something borrowed, something blue - BRILLIANT

Also the whole Fez thing.

Now is River Song, his wife, the Rani, his daughter - or someone else....... discuss.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  But River Song!!!!! Ooooooooo!
                  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
                  Aye.

The character cracks me up. She has the doctor floored.

But who is she? Having a Dalek begging for mercy when she says who she is ......
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I thought it was a bit confused. Not the time-travelling loops, they were fine (although a little unoriginal these days), but the point of it all. For instance:
                    - Why did they lock him in a box that would deliberately keep him alive, instead of killing him?
                    - 10,000 alien spaceships turn up and lock him in an escape-proof box that can be opened by a screwdriver
                    - The Tardis didn't actually explode, so how did the Doctor pick a piece of it out of the crack?

But most disappointingly they didn't answer the question of what caused all the cracks and controlled the Tardis to explode. Seems an overly complex storyline to leave as a cliffhanger, when he already escaped.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X