• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shearer for England Manager?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shearer for England Manager?

Let's consider:

a)Capello is going to be under massive pressure to quit
    b)Engalnd is getting more and more tired of foreign managers
    c)Shearer is pretty much the only universally loved ex-player
    d)There are few English top-level managers

Although, how come they never got Alex Ferguson to manage England (yes I know he's Scottish but the English would not mind that)?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Let's consider:

a)Capello is going to be under massive pressure to quit I thought I heard them saying that he had just signed an extended contract just prior to this tournament starting. He may go but it will cost!
    b)Engalnd is getting more and more tired of foreign managers I think they are getting more and more tired of crap performances when the chips are down
    c)Shearer is pretty much the only universally loved ex-player Maybe, but he has no record in management. Too much of a risk
    d)There are few English top-level managers Too few, but the only one that should be allowed anywhere near the job is Harry Redknapp

Although, how come they never got Alex Ferguson to manage England (yes I know he's Scottish but the English would not mind that)? Fergie always said he would not take the England job because he would be personally unable to ever lead England out if they were ever to be drawn against Scotland
    HTH
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Shearer would be a disaster.

Comment

Although, how come they never got Alex Ferguson to manage England (yes I know he's Scottish but the English would not mind that)?
        rather have Sven back
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

He quit England to focus on Newcastle.

He doesn't have the passion or credentials. I'd much rather we go with a German or Maradona next! Could you imagine Maradona kissing Rooney and patting his bottom off!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            He quit England to focus on Newcastle.

He doesn't have the passion or credentials. I'd much rather we go with a German or Maradona next! Could you imagine Maradona kissing Rooney and patting his bottom off!
            England really ought to be aiming at getting the top drawer manager that they need. A Mourinho or a Hiddink is the minimum they require, and money should be no object. After all, they (The English FA) can afford to shell out £700M on a stadium that needs to be returfed every 3 weeks, so securing the services of someone that can get their collection of egotistical primadonnas actually playing as a team is the least they should be doing.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You're all wrong. The manager doesn't matter - its the stupid palyers you have to deal with and no manager can deal with that.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You're all wrong. The manager doesn't matter - its the stupid palyers you have to deal with and no manager can deal with that.
                I'd like to see someone like Arsene Wenger brought in to completely overhaul the English game. It won't happen though..
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Let's consider:

a)Capello is going to be under massive pressure to quit
                  b)Engalnd is getting more and more tired of foreign managers
                  c)Shearer is pretty much the only universally loved ex-player
                  d)There are few English top-level managers

I can see Beckham taking the position, his playing days seem increasingly to be a thing of the past.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    'Arry would sort it.

He's got to win the Champions League first.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X