• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

English football - the Inquest.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English football - the Inquest.

So what's to blame:

1. Capello tactics were naive
    2. English players are brought up in a certain system and donb't have the wit to change
    3. The players didn't like the discipline imposed on them (they should go and serve in Afghanistan)
    4. The Premier League leaves the players knackered at the end of the season.
    5. etc
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So what's to blame:

1. Capello tactics were naive
    2. English players are brought up in a certain system and donb't have the wit to change
    3. The players didn't like the discipline imposed on them (they should go and serve in Afghanistan)
    4. The Premier League leaves the players knackered at the end of the season.
    5. etc
    England are sh*t, always have been, always will be.

That 1966 win was a fluke TBH. Probably would have been easier if that had never happened. Then they'd just be another mediocre side free of any burden of expectation. Like Scotland.

Comment

So what's to blame:

1. We're tulip.
      FTFY.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Is Manuel Neuer a cheat?

He must have known the ball crossed the line & yet carried on playing. Not very sportsmanlike at the least.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Is Manuel Neuer a cheat?

He must have known the ball crossed the line & yet carried on playing. Not very sportsmanlike at the least.
          I wondered that too. I don't have a video to hand, was he facing backwards when it crossed?

All the talk of "crap team", the defence was terrible but remember we did catch up to 2-2 from 2-0 which is hugely impressive. It's likely England would have lost anyway but it might have been a very high-scoring game if England were good forward but lame in defense... could have been an enthralling 5-4 loss which would have been OK. Losing to Germany, even in the first knockout game, is not a failure, if it had been a close result.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Is Manuel Neuer a cheat?

Is he the Goalie?

If so then to be fair to him - I think he was the only person on the pitch with a reasonable defence that he "couldn't see it so couldn't be sure" (well possibly David James)....

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              Then they'd just be another mediocre side free of any burden of expectation. .
              Well they've certainly succeeded in freeing themselves of any expectations for the next couple of tournaments
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is Manuel Neuer a cheat?

He knew. He quicly retrieved the ball facing backwards and carried on playing. Don't blame him though, any goalie would have done the same
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Don't blame him though, any goalie would have done the same
                  And that, right there, is what is wrong with football. Cheating is endemic - so much so that fans don't think it's wrong anymore.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                    England are sh*t, always have been, always will be.

That 1966 win was a fluke TBH. Probably would have been easier if that had never happened. Then they'd just be another mediocre side free of any burden of expectation. Like Scotland.
                    Scotland, mediocre? They ain't that good.

Any of you that watch football week in week out would know that on another day a few of those chances would have gone in and maybe some of the Germans wouldn't and all would be rosy in media land despite the obvious cracks. England went into this tournament knowing the defence wasn't at full strength and that we'd have to patch things up and just try and score more than we let in.

Losing the captain just a couple of weeks before the start was a huge psychological blow, Rooney more than anyone seems to have collapsed under the extra burden put upon him.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X