PDA

View Full Version : Employment Reference on job contracting

bhuva
28th June 2010, 17:39
Hi,

I have just started doing contracting, i tied up with an umbrella company for billing.

Neither the umbrella company nor the client have sent the contract employment on a formal template. Client have just sent out the contract details(joining date,Rate,Project details) on the mail. No Hard copy sent out.

I just want to apply dependent VISA for my spouse after 3months for which I need the employment reference/offer letter to submit for verification.

Who's suppose to give the Contract /offer letter?

How does it works in contracting jobs. Pls help on this

Cheers,
Bhuva

cojak
28th June 2010, 21:06
Ask the agent for a signed hard copy, they are hiring you.

Zippy
28th June 2010, 23:46
Bhuva,

You are not employed (except by your umbrella co) so I'm not sure why you think you can apply for a visa for your spouse.

Wanderer
17th July 2010, 12:03
You are not employed (except by your umbrella co) so I'm not sure why you think you can apply for a visa for your spouse.

Sorry bhuva but you will encounter a fair amount of racism here. :o

The umbrella company is your employer but the agency will supply a kind of three way contract between you, the umbrella and the agency. Ask the agent to supply you with a proper contract.

If you need help, speak to the Citizens Advice Bureau. They helped a mate get his spouse settled in the country and got it sorted even though it looked like a difficult case which, from my reading of the application, didn't have much chance.

Good luck.