• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FFS Beckham for England coach?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS Beckham for England coach?

Those idiots bandying this idea around obviosly haven't a fooking clue that it is precisley the celebrity, money for nothing culture that Becks embodies that has led to the situation we have now.
    Becks was a good, not great, player at best. And I would venture that he's not the sharpest kinfe in the drawer, tactically or strategically
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

He is hot though.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Harry Redknapp is favourite followed by Hodgson, not heard anyone talk about Beckham?

First and foremost I think it is imperative we have an English or at least English speaking manager, communication was obviously a big problem with Capello.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Those idiots bandying this idea around obviosly haven't a fooking clue that it is precisley the celebrity, money for nothing culture that Becks embodies that has led to the situation we have now.
        Becks was a good, not great, player at best. And I would venture that he's not the sharpest kinfe in the drawer, tactically or strategically
        I think he gets a bad press, partly brought on by his own Hollywood lifestyle, but I get the impression he’s actually quite a serious sportsman who takes his responsibility and his team seriously; he has an image, but the image doesn’t say everything about him. He actually seems OK to me.

Also, he might not have the world’s highest IQ, but he’s done well out of cashing in on his looks and image.

Mind you, none of this makes him a coach.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Harry Redknapp is favourite followed by Hodgson, not heard anyone talk about Beckham?

First and foremost I think it is imperative we have an English or at least English speaking manager, communication was obviously a big problem with Capello.
          Sack the whole squad and start again.

Communication was a problem with the whole team. They can't play together and don't give a tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Their English doesn't have to be brilliant. Most of the players communicate by way of grunts any way.

N'ahm sayin' liiiike.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              Sack the whole squad and start again.

Communication was a problem with the whole team. They can't play together and don't give a tulip.
              WHS. I am of the opinion that Capello is not the biggest culprit here. The players didn't like his tough disciplined regime because they are a bunch of spoilt chavs. That seems to have been the real issue.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

WHS. I am of the opinion that Capello is not the biggest culprit here. The players didn't like his tough disciplined regime because they are a bunch of spoilt chavs. That seems to have been the real issue.
                WHS
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Jeesus, he is okay?
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Jeesus, he is okay?
                    Speaking of communication, the lack of it seems a common problem
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X