• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Share Tips Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Share Tips Thread

Most volatile stock of the last few days is Connaught. Three days of massive drops on the back of the budget from last week. The shelving of certain local authority contracts will massively impact this company. But this drop seems over done and now the company is prime for a takeover.

This is all based on 'what may happen'.

CONNAUGHT Chart CNT CNT.L - Interactive Investor
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

BUY BP - THEY ARE GOING TO FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops sorry, thought i was on iii/ADVFN...

Comment

Blue Horseshoe loves anything Mining and Processing, RIO TINTO has been up and down this past couple of days...

Comment

Yell is down to 25 and has been bouncing between 25 - 30. I believe a buy
        BP is still an avoid.
        Lloyds is looking interesting. 100 point drop on the FTSE today, Lloyds is up. At 55 this is a buy.
        Standard Life is around 178, down 2 today. Over 6.5% dividend, anything less than 180 is a buy with it's trading range of 175 - 195.
        Aquarius platinum is also following the FTSE. At 360 today, it is trading within 360 - 400. So is also a buy today.

Any other recommendations?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Most volatile stock of the last few days is Connaught. Three days of massive drops on the back of the budget from last week. The shelving of certain local authority contracts will massively impact this company. But this drop seems over done and now the company is prime for a takeover.

This is all based on 'what may happen'.

CONNAUGHT Chart CNT CNT.L - Interactive Investor

Massively overvalued share price for a company which has been sucking on the local authority teat and has no other business plan. I expect companies indulged in supplying over expensive IT to NHS to also go into administration this year.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I shouldn't do this for legal reasons, but I have one word for you: Tulip's. Fillyaboots, it can't go wrong.

I've also go my eye on a company that trades in Latin America called South Sea.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              I shouldn't do this for legal reasons, but I have one word for you: Tulip's. Fillyaboots, it can't go wrong.

I've also go my eye on a company that trades in Latin America called South Sea.
              Don't worry about dips in the price, its just market makers shaking the tree. Fill yer boots and average down...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Yell is down to 25 and has been bouncing between 25 - 30. I believe a buy
                BP is still an avoid.
                Lloyds is looking interesting. 100 point drop on the FTSE today, Lloyds is up. At 55 this is a buy.
                Standard Life is around 178, down 2 today. Over 6.5% dividend, anything less than 180 is a buy with it's trading range of 175 - 195.
                Aquarius platinum is also following the FTSE. At 360 today, it is trading within 360 - 400. So is also a buy today.

Any other recommendations?
                Sure? It's been tracking 55-70 since Jan. This stock is not going up any time soon. Their prolly sitting on top of a load of toxic assets from Greece and Spain, and that's why investors are staying away.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Sure? It's been tracking 55-70 since Jan. This stock is not going up any time soon. Their prolly sitting on top of a load of toxic assets from Greece and Spain, and that's why investors are staying away.
                  LLoyds I've been buying and selling at around 53p to 60p. Slowly building up "free" shares. Ie buying 100 at the lower price selling 90 at the higher price for same amount of money. PS just an example I'm buying far higher volumes.

Bought CNT at 135, they're still falling!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Even if they aren't yet I wouldn't bet on them being made another offer they cannot refuse ala Botulipe.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X