• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

East Croydon is the new London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Croydon is the new London

Just went through all the blah blah chat with a numpty agent who at the end of 20 minutes of questions, says, I can see you live in London, do you only want to work in London?

B: Well yes I would prefer it.

Numpty Agent: This role is actually in East Croydon, we don't have an option on Jobserve to choose that only London or Sussex and it isn't Sussex so we have to choose London.

One of the most pathetic stories yet!

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    Just went through all the blah blah chat with a numpty agent who at the end of 20 minutes of questions, says, I can see you live in London, do you only want to work in London?

B: Well yes I would prefer it.

Numpty Agent: This role is actually in East Croydon, we don't have an option on Jobserve to choose that only London or Sussex and it isn't Sussex so we have to choose London.

One of the most pathetic stories yet!
    East Croydon is part of Greater London. So he is right.

However no way is ever near Sussex. The rest of the area surrounding the parts of the London Borough of Croydon are in Surrey.

Edited to add: I'm a South Londoner born and bred, who is amazed by the ignorance of many people who don't know their London boundaries.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 29 June 2010, 15:17.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Edited to add: I'm a South Londoner born and bred, who is amazed by the ignorance of many people who don't know their London boundaries.
      I'm a provincial country bumpkin born and bred, and I've never given a toss about London boundaries, seeing as I've only visited London and it's surroundings a few times in life and that was enough to conclude I don't like the place.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's in zone 6, and 15 minutes or so by train from Victoria or London Bridge, so depending on where exactly you live you may actually find it easier to get to than the city or west end. You will also get a seat as you'll be going against the flow.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

o well my mistake and ignorance

I wouldn't want to work there in any case

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            It's in zone 6, and 15 minutes or so by train from Victoria or London Bridge, so depending on where exactly you live you may actually find it easier to get to than the city or west end. You will also get a seat as you'll be going against the flow.
            Yeah, but you might also want to get a stab-proof vest.

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
              indeed

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
                I would go bulletproof if you can afford it, although the shootings and stabbings are mostly at weekends IIRC.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I'm a provincial country bumpkin born and bred, and I've never given a toss about London boundaries, seeing as I've only visited London and it's surroundings a few times in life and that was enough to conclude I don't like the place.
                  Me n all
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Me n all
                    Don't live there. Unfortunately still work there.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X