• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dyson - Bladeless Fans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyson - Bladeless Fans

Has anyone seen or got one of these new Dyson fans using it's new Air Multiplier technology?

Just wondering if they're any good and worth getting?

Dyson Air Multiplier
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Has anyone seen or got one of these new Dyson fans using it's new Air Multiplier technology?

Dyson Air Multiplier
    I saw one in the electrical shop the other day. It definitely works, and I would have bought one but I didn't consider it worth five times the price of a normal one.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Is this like all his other inventions, hugely noisy. Maybe he had a point on the vacuum cleaner (if you can stand the sight of them) but I don't really see the point of those new hand driers.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Loving the research balloon video.

They undoubtedly look cool and sound different to a normal fan. A justification for the enormous price? I don't think so.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Isn't it funny how things go in threes. This is another Coanda effect thread.

Anyway, 'inventor' is a bit strong, that Henri Coanda guy would certainly take issue with that description, he built an aeroplane using one in 1910, and they had fans that looked an awful lot like this down Doncaster pit at least 30 odd years ago.

Yet, if he can get the price he's asking, then well, go for it. I certainly would!
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Millwall might have one or two bladeless fans nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Isn't it funny how things go in threes. This is another Coanda effect thread.

Anyway, 'inventor' is a bit strong, that Henri Coanda guy would certainly take issue with that description, he built an aeroplane using one in 1910, and they had fans that looked an awful lot like this down Doncaster pit at least 30 odd years ago.

Yet, if he can get the price he's asking, then well, go for it. I certainly would!
              Threaded, why would you use a fan like this down a coal mine when the air will be full of dust?

Just asking like...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Threaded, why would you use a fan like this down a coal mine when the air will be full of dust?

Just asking like...
                Because on failure you are way more protected from sparks compared to a normal fan.

Also it'd be blowing fresh air.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Because on failure you are way more protected from sparks compared to a normal fan.

Also it'd be blowing fresh air.
                  From where? The Dyson unit induces additional airflow from its surroundings. The additional airflow if used in a coalmine would be full of dust, shirley?

Comment

Dyson Air Multiplier
                    If they are as reliable as the Dyson Vacuum Cleaner; the local rubbish dump will soon be full of them
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X