• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Working in Ireland (Dublin)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Working in Ireland (Dublin)

does anyone currently work in Dublin and would like to discuss how much it costs generally for commuting and living away there from UK

I have a potential contract and just discussing rate etc

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
    does anyone currently work in Dublin and would like to discuss how much it costs generally for commuting and living away there from UK

I have a potential contract and just discussing rate etc
    I have worked in Dublin, rates tend to be lower than UK. It was difficult to get apartment etc. but the current recession has fixed that. I spoke to an agent and did phone interview for a role about a month ago, email offer of the role came yesterday.

North of the city are odd number Dublin 3, 7 etc., south of the city are even. Try to live and work on the same side of the city as crossing the city can be hell. Some parts of the city are very cheap to live in, for good reason
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Approx how much are you paying for an apartment? Drop me a PM if you dont want to disclose in public, as i'm looking for a place if all should come good.

I've just had a phone interview with the client and now been invited over for a formal interview/ tbh more of a meet and greet, just to see who i say I am etc. Prob join this on end of weekend I have over there next week

Comment

lived in Dublin for nearly 3 years - quite an expensive place to live, but as others mentioned, rental rates have dropped considerably due to oversupply of new builds bought to rent out

check out daft.ie

Comment

have checked out daft.ie, but rentals do seem over priced also

Is it really that expensive to do everything over there?

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
            have checked out daft.ie, but rentals do seem over priced also

Is it really that expensive to do everything over there?
            Yep.
            (Have a look at the minimum wage and unemployement benefits in Eire.)

Comment

crikey, seem to be on a good'un over there

Comment

How does a UK Ltd come off with regards to taxation?

Simple invoice Irish agency as usual?

Any restrictions on contract length? do i have to do something from an 'irish company' perspective?

Comment

Working...
                X