• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid Internet Geeks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Internet Geeks

I've been working on a major project for a large global company... recently the PM has noticed that a few of the contractors kept giggling to themselves and he happened to peek over one of their shoulders and found them posting nonsense on some idiotic internet forum!
    He's now in the process of getting the sys admins to build a profile of how much time they have spent on the internet and then will boot them all of the project for misconduct. Or as he said "They're supposed to be well paid professionals not daft 20 year old typists from office angels"
    Anyway, I there should be some vacancies here tomorrow
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I've been working on a major project for a large global company... recently the PM has noticed that a few of the contractors kept giggling to themselves and he happened to peek over one of their shoulders and found them posting nonsense on some idiotic internet forum!
    He's now in the process of getting the sys admins to build a profile of how much time they have spent on the internet and then will boot them all of the project for misconduct. Or as he said "They're supposed to be well paid professionals not daft 20 year old typists from office angels"
    Anyway, I there should be some vacancies here tomorrow
    Excellent! Get them to hire somebody who can speak English while you're at it.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Excellent! Get them to hire somebody who can speak English while you're at it.
      That was a typing error... but then, I'm not a typist!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

That was a typing error... but then, I'm not a typist!
        One day you will be SC. Keep making the coffee and sitting on the bosses lap and one day......

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          One day you will be SC. Keep making the coffee and sitting on the bosses lap and one day......
          Errr... or you can do what what I did and bypass all of that and go straight in to a professional career in IT.

I'm intrigued though, how long did it take you to suck your way into being trusted with programming a computer?
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Errr... or you can do what what I did and bypass all of that and go straight in to a professional career in IT.

I'm intrigued though, how long did it take you to suck your way into being trusted with programming a computer?
            LOL.

I am afraid I am like Sasguru. I moved off being a programmer a lonnnnnnnggggg time ago. I just happen to be a senior manager who when push comes to shove can bodge a solution together and take any type of Project/Program/BA/Technical Architect/Modeller/Developer I choose.

Frankly. I bloody hate IT these days.

Comment

Working...
            X