• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clip on cat feet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clip on cat feet

Watching a program on BBC1 called "the bionic vet". I have just seen a cat (who had it's feet unsurgically removed by combine harvester) have bionic implants drilled into its ankle bones so it can have clip on feet.

Surely a spade around the head would have been a quicker/cheaper/kinder option?

Shades of Rolph's "animal hospital" here.....

"Hammy the hamster has just gone up for x-ray at a cost of £4000"

"Oi Rolph, just flush 'im ffs!!!!!!"
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Depends if the cat is happy or not really. I suppose the vets can practice these procedures on animals and hope to inform doctors?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Watching a program on BBC1 called "the bionic vet". I have just seen a cat (who had it's feet unsurgically removed by combine harvester) have bionic implants drilled into its ankle bones so it can have clip on feet.

Actually you'll find that modern veterinary surgery which is being pioneered on animals will eventually be done on people. The priniciples of surgery are exactly the same, just the ethics are slightly different.

Of course, if you do have an unfortunate accident and you'd rather get hit over the head hard with a spade instead of having bionic feet fitted then let the hospital know.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Shades of Rolph's "animal hospital" here.....

"Hammy the hamster has just gone up for x-ray at a cost of £4000"

"Oi Rolph, just flush 'im ffs!!!!!!"
        What I love about this post, is your 'I dont give a damn about a cat' when in truth you would b.....

Dammit. It's still June. June!

Now what did Drewster ask all the other posters to do??? Ah yes, that was it. Let SY have a free run in June.

Damn. It's still June.

Yeah! I'm with you man! I'm with you!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          What I love about this post, is your 'I dont give a damn about a cat' when in truth you would b.....

Now what did Drewster ask all the other posters to do??? Ah yes, that was it. Let SY have a free run in June.

Damn. It's still June.

41 minutes to go!
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Damn. It's still June.

This was a "MF" style post from me (the OP) and you go against it

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Actually you'll find that modern veterinary surgery which is being pioneered on animals will eventually be done on people. The priniciples of surgery are exactly the same, just the ethics are slightly different.

Of course, if you do have an unfortunate accident and you'd rather get hit over the head hard with a spade instead of having bionic feet fitted then let the hospital know.
              This is General. You need "Animal Hospital", right down the hall, first on the right

Comment

Actually you'll find that modern working environments which are being pioneered on whinging contractors will eventually be done on permies. The priniciples of management are exactly the same, just the ethics are slightly different.

Of course, if you do have an unfortunate project and you'd rather get hit over the head hard with a spade instead of sticking it out and doing what you're paid to do then let the PM know.
                Ummm. Nope, fine as it is.

Comment

41 minutes to go!

Last edited by MarillionFan; 30 June 2010, 22:42. Reason: Probably OP has lack of sense of humour

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X