• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do on holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do on holiday

when you've run out of all the sensible games you know and you are on holiday with your sister, her husband, your 13 year old (and friend)..... and you don't want to seem like an old fart.... and you are the most relaxed one in the party.

No pervy responses please.

Originally posted by cnch View Post
    when you've run out of all the sensible games you know and you are on holiday with your sister, her husband, your 13 year old (and friend)..... and you don't want to seem like an old fart.... and you are the most relaxed one in the party.

Don't you just hate caveats!
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Break out the drinking games. The kids have got to learn sometime...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Break out the drinking games. The kids have got to learn sometime...
        Teach them how to skin-up. It's an essential skill if they have any designs on going to uni.

Plus, it will help you stay relaxed.

Comment

See how many spoons you can balance on your face. On a recent holiday, one child (with particularly sweaty/chubby face) managed 9. We all decided not to bother with dessert after that.

Comment

what are the sensible games that you have used up?

Comment

Don't be afraid to let them get bored. I read an article saying kids are spoonfed constant entertainment and always need more. Grab a book, let them get bored and they will come up with something to do - we always did !

Comment

What character am I ? - We played this contantly when we went to floriday, the kids loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  Don't you just hate caveats!
                  WHS

But
                  Cards...
                  Crib/Cribbage is pish easy to learn but tricky to master.....
                  Whist of various kinds...
                  Poker
                  Brag

Backgammon (also pish easy to learn but TTM)

Comment

Are you in Las Vegas or Skegness?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X