• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How big is a Gnats Chuff?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How big is a Gnats Chuff?

How would you measure this?

Does the Gnat have to be still or would you attempt to measure it in flight, filming it in motion using a Dyson bladeless fan utilizing the Coanda effect.

Discuss...
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    No, that is completely wrong, the helicopter uses the third law of motion.

From wikipedia...

"The Coandă effect is the tendency of a fluid jet to be attracted to a nearby surface"

There is no nearby surface on these devices.

Expects churchill to post the first link on google with NOTAR and Coanda in it.
    MF - I think your point has been missed!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      How would you measure this?

Does the Gnat have to be still or would you attempt to measure it in flight, filming it in motion using a Dyson bladeless fan utilizing the Coanda effect.

Discuss...
      Not sure about how big it is, but if you were interested in measuring how tight it is, I could point you in the direction of my Brother-in-law's wallet!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
      X