• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invictus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate;
    I am the captain of my soul.

Anyone else seen this Film yet? Watched it tonight. Quite a decent yarn, although one might question just how much poetic licence was added. Certainly paints Mandela in a good light which, on balance, can probably only be a good thing.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Saw it a while ago.... Pretty good film... Story was a "bit" rose coloured but thats to be expected....

The Rugby bits were absolute Tulip.... I don't know why they picked a dwarf to play Francois Pienaar and a dwarf that had never set foot on a Rugby field at that!!!!!

It really spoiled it for me.... not one of the "action" sequences looked even close to they even knew what shape the ball should be...

A reasonable yarn but IMO not even close to Cry Freedom.... and Biko wasn't a terrorist either!

Comment

Working...
    X