• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taxes into the future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxes into the future

Interesting article:

Middle class families face a triple whammy - Telegraph

Having read this, and it isn't just the UK, this is happening everywhere, as the middle class slides into inevitable "poverty" (well not so well off), won't this lead to "Social Justice" and high taxes in the future to correct the balance. You know, the rich getting richer the poor getting poorer, so if you've put some money aside it's your duty to hand it over.

The baby boomers go into retirement en masse in 2015. Might be now worth planning a change of nationality.
    I'm alright Jack

I suspect it's more likely to lead to mass unrest and a resurgence in idealogical spoutings.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Interesting article:

Middle class families face a triple whammy - Telegraph

Having read this, and it isn't just the UK, this is happening everywhere, as the middle class slides into inevitable "poverty" (well not so well off), won't this lead to "Social Justice" and high taxes in the future to correct the balance. You know, the rich getting richer the poor getting poorer, so if you've put some money aside it's your duty to hand it over.

The baby boomers go into retirement en masse in 2015. Might be now worth planning a change of nationality.
      Yes; raise taxes on 'poor people' to make them pay back all the bloody benefits we've given them all these years.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

As a start - Why are we constantly trying to get people to get healthy and live longer ? We have no possible way of paying for the huge numbers expected to need pensions and care in the future, the more who eat, smoke and drink themselves into a quick early coronary - the better !

Comment

I am all for this Voluntary Euthenasia. I mean what better way of signing off than a long cruise to some far-off tropical island full of attentive dusky maidens, exotic drugs, and copious amounts of alcohol? That is the way to go. A massive heart attack brought on by sexual overexertion, charlie, and good Malt whisky!!
          The wives could be hoiked over the side of the ship en route too having been told that you would be down the slipway immediately afterwards. Win-win I reckon and a great Plan B for some budding entrepeneur.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
            As a start - Why are we constantly trying to get people to get healthy and live longer ? We have no possible way of paying for the huge numbers expected to need pensions and care in the future, the more who eat, smoke and drink themselves into a quick early coronary - the better !
            I've been say that for years. Making people cut down or stop drinking and smoking is a false economy. All those supposed gains from not having to treat health problems now have only been replaced with expenditure in pensions and health care later; at the same time revenue from excise duties and taxes on those products has been cut.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Agreed.

Virtually all my relatives live the clean-living way that I don't. They all last until they are about 90 but the last ten years never looks worth it to me.

Comment

Always been inevitable. The poor don't have any money to tax. Try to tax the rich any more and they just move elsewhere, leaving you with less money.

The only target left is the middle classes.

And all done under the mantra of "fairness"

So I have one simple question: when do the politicians intend to let the public know about the fate that awaits them?
                Well that's a simple one - because those that tell the truth don't get elected. All the rhetoric from the public in general about wanting to be told the truth is total utter tulip. They want to be told what they want to hear.

Comment

Ah that explains Club 18-30. Maybe we need a Club scrounger? imagine

Holiday that rocks.
                  Essex girls, drugs & rock n roll. Father hundreds of housing benefit vouchers, get off yer face nightly. Have moan about your council house sing along etc.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X