• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Front page of The Sun this morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front page of The Sun this morning

Anyone else think The Sun has gone a bit too far this morning. Granted The Sun is not generally worth the paper it is written on but the picture and write up on the write up today struck me as a step too far. Looks like they are just resorting to shock tactics. How is a picture of a soldier supposedly shot in the face news and acceptable?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

But to maintain balance they are also headlining "The Spy Who Shagged Me" on their website.

Comment

Just found out that he Sun is banned in here...

Mind you The Scotsman had a very lovely little puppy in a set of scales on the front today. Makes me want a dog now.

Comment

Why is the Sun not allowed to do investigative journalism?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          I'm not sure The Sun could even spell, investigative journalism
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            For essentially the same reasons that three year olds aren't allowed firearms.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Anyone else think The Sun has gone a bit too far this morning. Granted The Sun is not generally worth the paper it is written on but the picture and write up on the write up today struck me as a step too far. Looks like they are just resorting to shock tactics. How is a picture of a soldier supposedly shot in the face news and acceptable?
              Don't see anything wrong with this - why is this resorting to shock tatics ? Everyone knows the country is at war and such occurences happen in such scenarios.

Comment

I generally work on the premise that the front page, or indeed any other page for that matter, of the Sun will not be worth my time perusing at all. A tactic which has worked perfectly thus far.
                If really pushed to get involved with its puerile contents, I would not venture from Page 3.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

But what does Tracey, 23 from Bournemouth think of it on Page 3
                  "I feel so sorry for this brave soldier who is prepered to put his life on the line to protect us all but it still shocks me at the senseless waste of these young lives" etc!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I don't have a problem with this, moderation/censorship only leads to complacency and apathy.

Seeing as most sun readers only look at the pictures how else are they going to get the message across?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X