PDA

View Full Version : Another addition to the board

legendarydrew
2nd July 2010, 13:09
Hi folks,

Basically I joined this board because I've been screwed over by an agent (that makes twice now) and wanted to better protect myself in future. But enough about that.

I work as a Freelance Creative Developer: a web developer with an eye for design. I recently resumed freelancing after I was forced back into permanent work to make ends meet, and I really don't want to go back this time. I'm committed to make it work, and I would appreciate all the help I can get!

MarillionFan
2nd July 2010, 15:12
Hi folks,

Basically I joined this board because I've been screwed over by an agent (that makes twice now) and wanted to better protect myself in future. But enough about that.

I work as a Freelance Creative Developer: a web developer with an eye for design. I recently resumed freelancing after I was forced back into permanent work to make ends meet, and I really don't want to go back this time. I'm committed to make it work, and I would appreciate all the help I can get!

Welcome.

How were you screwed over?

legendarydrew
2nd July 2010, 15:17
Welcome.

How were you screwed over?

Hi there.

In this particular case I had taken on a role lasting two weeks, and then another role straight afterwards - I didn't find out until today that the agency decided to put me on a rolling monthly contract, which basically means getting paid monthly rather than weekly.

On second thought, that will teach me. :grey

Drewster
2nd July 2010, 15:17
.... Stuff.....

C'mon guys stop it!!!

Legendarydrew...... will never get past the Mods....

Who is it?
MF - Mmmmmmmm

Errrrrrrr unless you are real :emb

legendarydrew
2nd July 2010, 15:28
unless you are real :emb

The real question is whether or not I'm human. Clinical studies suggest so, but I haven't had a formal autopsy yet.

cojak
2nd July 2010, 19:51
C'mon guys stop it!!!

Legendarydrew...... will never get past the Mods....

Who is it?
MF - Mmmmmmmm

Errrrrrrr unless you are real :emb

No reason not to let him through.

And he sounds a witty and erudite kind of chap..

TheFaQQer
2nd July 2010, 19:58
And he sounds a witty and erudite kind of chap..

What's he doing here, then???

MarillionFan
2nd July 2010, 19:59
Hi there.

In this particular case I had taken on a role lasting two weeks, and then another role straight afterwards - I didn't find out until today that the agency decided to put me on a rolling monthly contract, which basically means getting paid monthly rather than weekly.

On second thought, that will teach me. :grey

Thats not a major issue. Only a small mistake in the grand scheme of things.

shaunbhoy
2nd July 2010, 20:04
What have you done that makes you "legendary" drew?

Drewster
2nd July 2010, 20:34
What have you done that makes you "legendary" drew?

Well the incident with me, the Vicars daughter and the cucumber at the village fete is still talked about to this day!

shaunbhoy
2nd July 2010, 20:59
Well the incident with me, the Vicars daughter and the cucumber at the village fete is still talked about to this day!

Yes, but it pales into insignificance when you compare it to the saga of the skating verger, the Didgeredoo, and the tamping wopple!!

:eek

Drewster
2nd July 2010, 21:02
Yes, but it pales into insignificance when you compare it to the saga of the skating verger, the Didgeredoo, and the tamping wopple!!

:eek

It does yes... but he isn't called legendarySB

Zippy
2nd July 2010, 21:10
What's he doing here, then???

Quite. Witty and erudite will make a refreshing (nay, unique) change though.

Welcome Legendarydrew :wave:

MarillionFan
2nd July 2010, 21:24
Can't wait for Drewster to find out that this really is a sockie like he originally thought, but not before he's agreed to go out for a beer with him.:emb

Drewster
5th July 2010, 17:13
Can't wait for Drewster to find out that this really is a sockie like he originally thought, but not before he's agreed to go out for a beer with him.:emb

You may always have to drink alone...